Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Service Project 6/9 in AF Canyon

  1. #1

    Service Project 6/9 in AF Canyon

    Just wanted to let anyone who was interested know that we'll be doing a service project up in AF Canyon from 9AM to around 1PM. Doing the usual, picking up trash, installing some fence, etc.

    Details here:

    http://www.u4wda.org/eventdetails.aspx#june9

    Even greenies and hippies are welcome to join us.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2

    Re: Service Project 6/9 in AF Canyon

    Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout

    Even greenies and hippies are welcome to join us.

    :lol8:
    How about black folks? Or the Irish?
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

    -- Wm Blake

  4. #3

    Re: Service Project 6/9 in AF Canyon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout

    Even greenies and hippies are welcome to join us.

    How about black folks? Or the Irish?
    Sure, black or irish greenies and hippies are welcome.


  5. #4
    No volunteers from UUTAH? Surprising after all the heated discussions on OHV use with offers to help out on the next project.

    Anyway, just heard that there's an ATV in the river about 50 feet below the road. Anyone with some rap gear want to help out, rap down, attach a winch cable, and come back up?

  6. #5
    For anyone interested, this project went very well. We were able to build a good section of fence to close a user-created ATV track, we fixed 60 feet of broken fence, we removed 50 30-gallon bags of trash, and we did some good wheeling. Overall we had 30 volunteers. Pics as they are available.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    No volunteers from UUTAH? Surprising after all the heated discussions on OHV use with offers to help out on the next project.

    Anyway, just heard that there's an ATV in the river about 50 feet below the road. Anyone with some rap gear want to help out, rap down, attach a winch cable, and come back up?
    You people clean up your own trash. We'll clean up out granola bar wrappers and roaches.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

    -- Wm Blake

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    No volunteers from UUTAH? Surprising after all the heated discussions on OHV use with offers to help out on the next project.

    Anyway, just heard that there's an ATV in the river about 50 feet below the road. Anyone with some rap gear want to help out, rap down, attach a winch cable, and come back up?
    You people clean up your own trash. We'll clean up out granola bar wrappers and roaches.
    We weren't cleaning up trash from 4x4 or ATV users, we were cleaning up campsites used by subaru and cummins drivers. Once you get past any technical point on any trail, there is no trash to remove because it is only being used by motorized rec users at that point and they are 10x more responsible than your average camper.

  9. #8
    How about the roofing nails that the Rev left?

  10. #9
    Carbon Footprint Donor JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In Nothing But Sunshine
    Posts
    8,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    How about the roofing nails that the Rev left?

  11. #10
    alright folks (all of you), we all know that none of the groups are angels.

    please don't be quick to blame any group unless you have good evidence to back it up. otherwise you're inciting.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    How about the roofing nails that the Rev left?
    Those aren't on the legal trails. You have to REALLY look for them!
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

    -- Wm Blake

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    We weren't cleaning up trash from 4x4 or ATV users, we were cleaning up campsites used by subaru and cummins drivers..
    Alright, BOY, you best not talk smack about the mighty Cummins. We'll crush the very house you live in. And we leave no trace (except that wonderful smell).
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

    -- Wm Blake

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    alright folks (all of you), we all know that none of the groups are angels.

    please don't be quick to blame any group unless you have good evidence to back it up. otherwise you're inciting.
    What are you talking about? Who's blaming what groups? I'm blaming weekend campers driving cars and diesel trucks for 90% of trash removed from AF Canyon at any given project. My evidence? I'm up there all the time. Past any technical spot on any trail, there is no need for trash removal, it's all clean.

  15. #14
    No volunteers from UUTAH?
    That is a good point. People from the site should get more involved. And report. Maybe we could organize some service projects.

    Anyway, just heard that there's an ATV in the river about 50 feet below the road. Anyone with some rap gear want to help out, rap down, attach a winch cable, and come back up?
    I won't be in Northern Utah again until July 21 for a wedding. If it's not already taken care of, it is possible I could do something like that.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Similar Threads

  1. My Presidents Day Project
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
  2. Interbike project
    By Deeps in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. Manhattan Project
    By Sombeech in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
  4. I've got a new project
    By Sombeech in forum General Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 07:26 AM
  5. My Next Project
    By icthys in forum Fishing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 01:21 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •