Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zion Narrows

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    so how many hours to complete?

we did orderville Sun. top to bottom,took about 6 1/2 hrs.

16 miles in the narrows has got to be a long day,then the return for your car--or did you have someone shuttle you?

nice pics as always
    You have to realize that I took over 1000 photos! It's hard to count your time when you have me and my camera along.
    Wow so 76.923 pics per hour
    or 76.923pph

and how many times did ya trip while shooting
    I only took 130 pictures so I traveled only 13.1pph. Thanks for waiting for me! Only saw one slight trip the whole time
    Slight That one hurt! I got rocks stuck under my fingernails! Dang slippery rocks!
    Coulda been worse like a sprained ankle or bunged up knee! Didn't keep ya from doing 76 PPH!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    We held steady at 25.384 pph in Orderville

sorry for the hijack

Bogley BigShot
    We held steady at 25.384 pph in Orderville

sorry for the hijack

Orderville is awesome!!! I used my underwater casing on that trip but it made the photos too dark. I need to reshoot that canyon!

Bogley BigShot

16 miles in the narrows has got to be a long day,then the return for your car--or did you have someone shuttle you?

nice pics as always
    We started around 6ish AM and got to our vehicle at the visitors center around 8:15ish PM. Total hike time (photo time ) somewhere around 13 or so hours? Then drove back to Chamberlain TH and arrived to pick up the Rover around 9:30ish! Pretty long day but worth the whole experience!

That shuttle ride is long but I like to do it instead of riding a commercial shuttle and having to be at a certain place at a certain time. (I don't think I could work a real job anymore or live in a city)

It was funny to see all the rented sticks and rented 5-10 canyoneers out there!

nice pics as always
    We started around 6ish AM and got to our vehicle at the visitors center around 8:15ish PM. Total hike time (photo time ) somewhere around 13 or so hours? Then drove back to Chamberlain TH and arrived to pick up the Rover around 9:30ish! Pretty long day but worth the whole experience!

That shuttle ride is long but I like to do it instead of riding a commercial shuttle and having to be at a certain place at a certain time. (I don't think I could work a real job anymore or live in a city)

yea about 1 mile from the river you start running into the "stick people"
    I've seen them completely bent over putting all there weight on the sticks.
    Think I'll just keep trusting my own feet and own balance.
    be nice to us 5-10 people --although we own ours

on a side note we did birch yesterday,had dinner at the t-bird blackened chicken and chasing tail, I seem to be hooked on chasing tail
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bogley BigShot

nice pics as always

on a side note we did birch yesterday,had dinner at the t-bird blackened chicken and chasing tail, I seem to be hooked on chasing tail
    Awesome! Did you notice all the wait staff in the "Home of the Ho-made Pie" shirts! Honda did a commercial in front of the bird sign this last Saturday while Bo and I were in the Narrows.

Birch Hollow is one of my all time favorite canyons! Its fun with the short rappels that are not too bad to get onto, no permit required (as long as you don not exit through the Narrows) and the beauty! Favorite for sure!!!!

Bogley BigShot
    Some more shots

Tanya,

I have Orderville and some of it's tribs high on my hitlist right now. We should tag-team it, and we can go at a nice 50 or 60 ppm. Plus, I want to see this underwater housing in action. Do you have a full polycarbonate shell for your slr? Gotta be a heavy beast, I'd bet.

nice pics as always

Awesome! Did you notice all the wait staff in the "Home of the Ho-made Pie" shirts! Honda did a commercial in front of the bird sign this last Saturday while Bo and I were in the Narrows.

Birch Hollow is one of my all time favorite canyons! Its fun with the short rappels that are not too bad to get onto, no permit required (as long as you don not exit through the Narrows) and the beauty! Favorite for sure!!!!
    yea I noticed the shirts--I fit right in(check my birch pics) they wanted me to do dishes or something

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Tanya,

I have Orderville and some of it's tribs high on my hitlist right now. We should tag-team it, and we can go at a nice 50 or 60 ppm. Plus, I want to see this underwater housing in action. Do you have a full polycarbonate shell for your slr? Gotta be a heavy beast, I'd bet.

We should.

It's not an SLR... just a digital, but yes it's a full shell. Orderville was the first and last time I hauled it through a canyon! I tried it on the Grand Canyon River trip too and quickly put it away. I guess its just best for underwater photography.

Camera Underwater Casing in my hand in Orderville.

Bogley BigShot

nice pics as always

yea I noticed the shirts--I fit right in(check my birch pics) they wanted me to do dishes or something
    Will do!

Bogley BigShot
    Getting closer to Zion Canyon --- The colors become more dramatic!

Tanya, that's a really good shot considering the poor lighting in the bottom of the canyon.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Tanya, that's a really good shot considering the poor lighting in the bottom of the canyon.

Thanks!!!! That's cool to hear from a real photographer.

I am finally getting the hang of this slot canyon photography! (still have a long way to go though!) It feels so good to get this flash/fill balance more under control though! I am still going through my photos..... Have about 20 more to look at. I am hoping for some good ones to post!

I love the color on these.

Bogley BigShot
    Last Photos of the Narrows. I finally got through all mine from this trip. I told you guys there were a lot!

great shots tanya
    thanks for sharing

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    great shots tanya
    thanks for sharing

Thanks!

Great pics by a REAL PHOTOGRAPHER, and canyoneer.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Great pics by a REAL PHOTOGRAPHER, and canyoneer.

I just follow around a real canyoneer and still shoot on auto.

But thanks.

And, by the way, you do both very well!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com