Thread: Fish Lake....

Fish Lake....

....sucks right now.

We spent the entire weekend both shore fishing and on a pontoon boat, with various baits and trolling lures.....and NOTHING! If you really wanna catch fish then stay away from Fish Lake right now.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Last year I went BP'n into an area above FISH to a lake called Deer Creek. It wasn't as good as before because a hard freeze they had the year before. But some of the other lakes in the area were decent. Not sure if those had just been restocked or what.

There are very few things worse than getting skunked at fishing. That sucks.

I took my kids fishing there from the shore in late July last year, and we spent a couple of hours and only caught one measly perch. I think you gotta actually know what you're doin', which I did not.
    Blog | FB

Fishing from shore at Fish Lake can be tough- any time of year. A better option with kids along is to drive a few miles down the road to Johnsons reservoir. The best fishing at Fish Lake is done trolling from a boat. But, since I don't have a boat, I've had good luck from my float tube at the edge of the weed beds, dragging a wooly bugger or similar, on sinking fly line. Never been skunked.
    Are we there yet?

That's too bad FL is so crappy now. I used to go up there every summer about 12 years ago. The fishing would be awesome this time of year. I wonder what was done to mis-manage it?
    Let's Roll

I find the best fishing down there is past Johnsons Reservoir to Mill Meadows Reservoir. It's with in a 1/2 hour of fish lake and produces some real nice trout. I fish down there during the bow hunt, and it is usually great for trout and perch.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice