Thread: SulphurCreek hike in CapReef -easy or not? And:SearchFunctio

SulphurCreek hike in CapReef -easy or not? And:SearchFunctio

Hi,
    I have read 2 descriptions of the Sulphur Creek Slot Canyon hike in Cap. Reef. One says it's really easy, can even be done with little kids, the other says there might be some obstacles to climb and some tricky passages. Has anybody done this hike and could tell me what to expect? We shall be there mid-end of June.
    Another question: When I try to find something about Sulphur Creek using the search function of this forum, it gives me over 500 results. When I search for certain hikes in Zion, it even returns over 1000 results! Do I make a mistake there? I have already looked up the FAQs but could not find a solution to my problem.
    Savannah

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have read 2 descriptions of the Sulphur Creek Slot Canyon hike in Cap. Reef. One says it's really easy, can even be done with little kids, the other says there might be some obstacles to climb and some tricky passages. Has anybody done this hike and could tell me what to expect?
    Difficulty is subjective.

It depends on how much you are used to this kind of stuff. Sulphur Creek is definately something I would take my 3 and 5 year olds on.

Yes, there are obstacles to get around, but nothing hard. However, I know people who think climbing the stairs is hard. Those kind of people won't like Sulphur Creek. Most people likely will.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Hi Scott,
    thanks for your answer! If it's okay for 3- and 5-year old kids, it should be okay for me too . (And I am used to taking stairs instead of lifts, whenever possible...) The only problem is how to get back, if one does not want to walk all the way back in the creek. How did you solve this problem? The man whose description I read said it would be easy to get a hike back, but I am not sure whether this is really easy and a good idea...
    Greetings
    Savannah

How did you solve this problem?
    There are four possibilities:

1. Hitchhike

2. Car shuttle

3. Bike

4. Walk the road

If you bike, I would do the hike in the opposite direction and ride the bike down hill.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Hitching a ride is pretty easy because you end next to the visitors center. A large, easy, to read sign stating "NEXT TRAILHEAD" will usually get you a ride within a few minutes time.

Of course if this is the route description you read than you already know all this

Sulphur Creek
    http://climb-utah.com/Capitol/sulphur.htm

The idea with the sign sounds good. Thanks!