Thread: I Shouldn't Be Alive - Utah - Baptist/Upper Chute

I Shouldn't Be Alive - Utah - Baptist/Upper Chute

Did anybody watch this tonight on Discover? It was the story of Justin & Jeremy Harris.

They did the canyons in November, and just got screwed. Justin ended up losing his leg. I almost cried.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I didn't see it, but the tivo is set to record the 1am showing tonight, if anyone else wants to catch it.

Just finished watching it. WOW. That is phenomenal stuff. Very well produced, and super emotional. I'd say it's a must see...

I read Shane's version of the story, and noticed some differences between the two. Perhaps the crew took some creative liberties? The video makes it seem like he was swimming for hours in freezing water. At any rate, it is certainly worth the peek.

Bogley BigShot

Re: I Shouldn't Be Alive - Utah - Baptist/Upper Chute

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Did anybody watch this tonight on Discover? It was the story of Justin & Jeremy Harris.

They did the canyons in November, and just got screwed. Justin ended up losing his leg. I almost cried.

I watched it when the show first came out with it. He was lucky to get out of there alive! Another reason I am a fair weather canyoneer rather than a winter one! It can get scarey!

I cant find it on google or youtube. anyone have a link to the video?
    The man thong is wrong.

It was an hour long documentary type show on Discovery. Unless someone was to put the whole thing up, I doubt you can watch it online. I'm sure it will air again soon, just check the guide, and set the ol' Tivo.

The show usually airs a couple times each month, and probably will continue to air until new episodes (3rd season) are released around the first of the year (at least that is when the 2nd season was released).

Did you see it Shane? Wondering what you thought of it, since you seem to have the best info on the accident.

I saw the show when it first aired. Allowing for some creative licence I thought it was well done and the story was accurate for the most part. Much of the video footage was filmed elsewhere and not in Baptist Draw. As is typical with TV.... 20' drops are describe as 40' drops, one mile becomes two... yada, yada...

Still it was a good story and the family was pleased with how things were portrayed last I heard.

If you want a little gallows humor..... check out this story and note that the Isuzu Trooper belongs to the same Justin Harris.

LWH Flashflood
    http://climb-utah.com/SRS/flashflood.htm

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I stumbled across these on youtube and thought I'd put 'em up here for those who don't do torrents. (the brother of my brother's wife was on the SAR team that hauled them out, and he got to be in the film! for about .75 seconds )

1 of 5

2 of 5

3 of 5

4 of 5

5 of 5

Sweet Bump.... thanks