Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Birthday to...

This thread reminds me of the episode of rob and big I just watched last nught on MTV. Sidenote: Rob and Big is the only show I watch on MTV. Rob bought a mini horse(Pony) so his dog would have a buddy. after he bought it and got it home he said "Was buying minihorse a bad idea" hahaha. Then he built a little corral and barn for it in his backyard and everyone loved mini-horse.

The moral of the story is, EVERYONE LOVES PONIES!!!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Happy birthday Shan!

More and more people are having their kids later - mid-thirties is no longer unusual.

I find it interesting that Dear Hubby is not totally on board yet, but might be willing to stay home! Sounds like he might just be considering waffling, too!

Whatever you do, I wish you the best. Parenthood is a fantastic experience. You think you can't feel any more love than you already do, but then, sure enough, bam, you can... Wow!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Hubby would be a "stay at home HUSBAND" if I let him. Yeah right, only if he turned into a domestic god and I made lots of money. Yes, I know we aren't your typical couple.

Didn't mean to come across as judgmental, just trying to offer my advice.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday! Kids at any age are fun. I have friends in their late 40's with a young boy about 15 years after the last one and they have had a learning curve all over again so your age, if you can be okay with it, is gonna be fine. Your husband's readiness is very important - dont discount that! Good Luck!

I failed to say Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday Shan!

Throw down at Sultan's Tavern for me, I miss that place.

Wow, if I'd have known we could do shameless birthday self-promotions around here, I'd have put mine in a few days ago!

Just teasin' -- happy b'day Shan!

BTW, I have a similar problem (by which I mean completely different, but remotely involving the same topic) -- want kids, but unfortunately seem to be cursed to never ever get married (and would not for one minute consider adopting while I'm still single)... hope things work out for you guys! Having wanted to start a family for some years now, I know how frustrating it can be when you want to but are unable to.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Well, without knowing you, I can highly recommend kids. They're great. Before we started having kids, I was NOT stoked about the idea. But after the first, I was hooked.

Good luck with whatever you do.
    Remember, those kids look at cute and cuddly now, but they'll become full grown goats someday, and will require a lot of attention and care.
    My kid refuses to have his hair cut (he's a gorgeous long hair blonde boy), favorite band is Green Day, favorite songs (a tie) are Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Longview, likes to watch Fear Factor while generally making unseemly commentary about how pitiful his life is, all at the grand old age of 7. Yes he's been thrown a couple serious life curves at his age, I've encouraged the idea that there are no dumb questions and most things need to be explored. I think I've got my hands full here and I could never imagine life without him. Its been a major effort thus far and will continue to be. Sometimes you get a kid and you just know its going to be the challenge of a lifetime.

Happy 31st Shan. . .we are the same age too! Dont forget that having babies is all about SEX!! Thats the real important part right?

I have two boys and they are a blast. A 4 year old and 1 year old. Our 1 year old just started walking last week and it is so fun to help them along and see them progress with everything. My 4 year old is learning so much at preschool and I really enjoy seeing his papers when I come home. Kids really are a lot of work tho and you have to have a lot of patience. But I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I'm sure it will happen for us later rather than sooner. Everyone and their mother tells me my mind will change, that it's the best thing that could ever happen to a person. I am just coming to terms with the "idea" of having a child - having been so adamantly childfree for so long, this is huge (not ready for actually having a baby right now). I am just concerned with how late in the game it will all happen (after school, fertility issues, complications, etc). Yeah I know people have kids late, but I don't like that idea (for myself) plus we're not ready so I have a dilema on my hands.

Anyhoo, thanks for listening to me babble, peeps.

Happy belated Birthday to Wasquatch!