Thread: Happy Birthday to...

Happy Birthday to...

ME!
    31 years young today.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Happy Birthday!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

Happy Birthday, you are still just a kid!

31?? Life is just beginning. Congrats
    Life is Good

Well I am going to back to school for a graduate degree. I'm thinking about having a kid (though hubby isn't on board), so that's on hold and might as well go back to school. I think I'm having an "early life" crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Well I am going to back to school for a graduate degree. I'm thinking about having a kid (though hubby isn't on board), so that's on hold and might as well go back to school. I think I'm having an "early life" crisis.
    Well, to totally butt in, smack your "hubby" upside the head. Kids are great. (I got 4) No amount of stuff, money, or job titles can make you feel as much love, happiness, satisfaction, pride...etc as do kids. Butting out now.......
    Life is Good

Maybe you need some background first... Afer 30 years of never, ever wanting to have a kid (I wasn't born with the mother gene I concluded), I am reconsidering. If hubby is going to stay home, then I need to make enough money to support a family.

Early life crisis indeed!

My Name is Dirk, Dirk HammerGate.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Hee. Is that an offer?

Maybe you need some background first... Afer 30 years of never, ever wanting to have a kid (I wasn't born with the mother gene), I know am thinking about what my future would be like. I don't see myself all alone honestly. I want people to visit me when I'm old. i want to have family to invite to my 60th birthday party. No, I'm not baby hungry, I'm not crazy about toddlers, I can't stand teenagers, I get faint at the idea of childbirth, I don't even want to be a stay at home mom, but I'm thinking more of the big picture (same with the graduate degree) - and it seems like something we will eventually do. If hubby is going to stay home, then I need to make enough money to support a family.

Early life crisis indeed!
    Those are good reasons not to have kids. I am sorry to be an ass here but to have a kid so you are getting an insurance for the future is not a good reason to have a kid in the first place.

To have a kid and just dump them off to a daycare after 4 months is a huge detriment to the kids. If you are not planning on raising your kid or being there for them to support them in every life experience, you are better off enjoying your own life. Don't have kids for wrong reasons, it just leads to neglect, unhealthy kids and divorce. Sadly, I have experienced that with a lot of my friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Hee. Is that an offer?
    Its whatever you want it to be.

One of us will plan to stay home. No one said "dropping off an infant at day care." But it makes sense for the person for the most supportive wage to support the family. Plus my H said he would love to stay home.

I have two years to think about it more (heck it took me this long to even have different thoughts!), because I'm not going to have a kid while going to school and working. I might as well shoot myself in the foot!

Everyone just says I'll change my mind one day. I guess I'm just waiting for that click, because there's nothing else I can do about that.

If you are not planning on raising your kid or being there for them to support them in every life experience
    I'd certainly raise the kid just like parents do, and enjoy every new experience, ups and downs. You can do that with a job. I'm not going to put a kid on a shelf until I'm 60! You took my other post too literal.

I agree that's not a good reason to have kids, especially if hubby doesn't want them. Get your education, have your career, save enough money to pay for a nursing home and they will be friendly to you (maybe).
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I don't want to bring a child into this world until we both want it. I didn't say I was going to do it now!

Look I realize you people don't know me and I interjected a few lingering thoughts in the middle of something, without any of you having the full background of what I am dealing with or where I am in my life. So I understand your comments, but you don't know the real me.

I don't want to bring a child into this world until we both want it. I didn't say I was going to do it now!
    You could always do foster care. Big need for foster parents.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    You could always do foster care. Big need for foster parents.
    Yes, that has crossed my mind, but you need both spouses willing. If anyone out there thinks things throgoughly to death, it would be me. Maybe too much I've been told.

We started our courtship on the same page about this, I'm the one who is waffling now.

Well, without knowing you, I can highly recommend kids. They're great. Before we started having kids, I was NOT stoked about the idea. But after the first, I was hooked.

Good luck with whatever you do.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Well, without knowing you, I can highly recommend kids. They're great. Before we started having kids, I was NOT stoked about the idea. But after the first, I was hooked.

Good luck with whatever you do.
    Remember, those kids look at cute and cuddly now, but they'll become full grown goats someday, and will require a lot of attention and care.

but you don't know the real me.
    Shan, I didn't mean to jump you, sorry if I personally came off that strong. I probably don't know you personally like your mom or your hubby does. But the facts really do speak for themselves and a lot of people are having kids either too early in their lives, or for wrong reasons.

I agree with sparker, have fun with your own life, finish your education, let your hubby ripe up on the idea of kids and then it will happen. But both of you are going to be ready for it and you will enjoy it that much more.

That said, you are a grown woman with your own mind set, and you will do whatever your heart desires :)

Back to the subject.... HAPPY 31st!