Thread: Goblin Valley Trailer Camping

Goblin Valley Trailer Camping

I am heading to GV area this weekend and will be taking a couple trailers (25 ft and popup). The campground is packed. Does anyone know of any other good places for a couple trailers?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There are a lot of places for trailers in Temple Wash. Instead of taking the last turn south toward Goblin Valley (right after you drive over the newly constructed road), just continue straight and you'll drive right past a lot of camp sites along the next couple miles of road. I've camped in that area for two out of the last four weekends and didn't have any problems finding a spot, though sometimes that place is crowded as well.
    Blog | FB

I've seen camper's, trailer's, and truck's down the road to Little Wild Horse. Proabably less than a mile or so on your left from the turn off from the GV booth. There's that huge rock band that you see, people go almost right up to it and park, it's a pretty big area.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    I've seen camper's, trailer's, and truck's down the road to Little Wild Horse. Proabably less than a mile or so on your left from the turn off from the GV booth. There's that huge rock band that you see, people go almost right up to it and park, it's a pretty big area.
    I just came back from there last weekend. I dragged my popup trailer with my Honda Element. The road is not too great to the camp sites themselves, but if my Element went through, I am sure you will have no problems.

If you go on the roads towards LWH, as soon as you leave the park area, there will be a road going South, along the ledge there are a few camping sites where I saw big trailers.

We camped about 2-2.5 miles down the road from there, there will be another road going south and then it splits off and follow the ridge. There are about 10 cool sites, the environment is just like in Goblin Valley, with all the goblin rock formations for kids to play at. I will definitely camp there again. We were able to get a camp site last Friday night there, I'd think you better get there earlier this weekend to get the spot.

I also tried to go past LWH to see if I could find the spot and the road (river wash) got pretty bad and I turned around.

Good luck!

Re: Goblin Valley Trailer Camping

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    I am heading to GV area this weekend and will be taking a couple trailers (25 ft and popup). The campground is packed. Does anyone know of any other good places for a couple trailers?
    Oh ya also, you can fill up water by the entrance to Goblin Valley park. So no reason to haul extra weight and just bring empty containers.
    They wouldn't let us take showers though.

I've camped at 2 places along that road:
    N38*34.355' W110*46.066'
    N38*34.511' W110*47.855'

Both were awesome, and could easily accommodate pop-ups, and medium size trailers.

It's BLM land all along the south side of that road, up against the bluffs, so it's fair game.

Russ

Great info folks. Especially about the water. Can you give me a little more info on exactly where I can fill up with water? Is it near the campground? Near the parking lot to GV? Where?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Great info folks. Especially about the water. Can you give me a little more info on exactly where I can fill up with water? Is it near the campground? Near the parking lot to GV? Where?
    there is a spigot adjacent to the showers near the campground in GV.

oh wait a minute ... i just reread your post ... you said EXACTLY where ...

okay kinda being a smart ass here, but in this day of technological wonder ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    there is a spigot adjacent to the showers near the campground in GV.
    There too, but you have to pay to get in, there is another one RIGHT west of the Visitor Center/Entrance booth across the road. Just park right by the visitor center and walk across the road and you will see it.

okay kinda being a smart ass here, but in this day of technological wonder ...
    Being even bigger smart ass....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak

There too, but you have to pay to get in, there is another one RIGHT west of the Visitor Center/Entrance booth across the road. Just park right by the visitor center and walk across the road and you will see it.
    are you talking about what this blue arrow is pointing to, kaz?

are you talking about what this blue arrow is pointing to, kaz?
    Well almost, you got the arrow pointing to the garbage shed, it's 1 mm to the left of that.