Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Weekend Plans?

Holiday Weekend Plans?

I normally don't vacation around this time (everyone else is out!). But being that my husband has this week off and we won't get to vacation together until November, I really think we should take advantage and go somewhere for a few days.

Where are you headed?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll stay in town and sip on some lemonade. You all can have that holiday traffic and high gas prices.

Fish Lake
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am going to go Mtn BIking, then hit pineview with all of the other people!!! Maybee the cold water will scare a few away!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I suppoose that short of being diagnosed with cancer or some other serious illness I'll be taking my wife to San Diego to watch my step-son graduate from Marine Corps recruit training.

Might as well hit the zoo and Sea World while we're there.

MT

Sun Valley, Idaho to check out the Sawtooth Mountains.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Canyoneering in Mexico!

My wife is going to New York with a friend to attend WestPoint's graduation ceremony and I am home for the week/weekend to do just about anything I can get away with...LOTS of MTbiking! and who knows what else.

Headed to West Yellowstone for some !!

Where are you headed?
    Running the Yampa River.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    Where are you headed?
    Running the Yampa River.
    <--- Jealous!

I'll be in Moab hawking my wares at the Art Festival. Anyone in the area stop by and say Hi!

Lin

What kind of wares are you hawking?

I think I'm going down to Spring City (nearish Ephraim) on Saturday to check out their Heritage Days. (I sure hope it's better than Hanna Days). Hopefully I'll get in some hiking down there, too.

I figure I'll grill up some eggplant and peppers at some point, too. (I'm trying my hand at vegetarianism again).

Cedar Mesa

I think I'm going to try and find some of Brewhaha's ruins

Was thinkin' about road-tripping up to Montana, but I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't had time to plan anything. Think I'll just stick around here & have some good ol' R&R. May go hiking a bit, maybe drive up to Bear Lake one day... see what happens.

Hmm... wonder if the bobsled up at Winter Sports Park is open for summer operations yet? Been wanting to go try that...

Don't laugh at HammerGate, I've got tennis matches on Saturday and Monday (which I don't know how I'm gonna make it cause I've played everyday since Monday and my f*#cking legs kill, I mean really kill, I had a 5 set match from 2:30 to 4:30 today, brutal).

In between I've got fun time with the boys, movie watching to do, a little work and I might throw a beer with a pal. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I've started to sell some of my photography. I've done some retail shows with the boy and have some work in a few stores (including Tanya's Chevron which I didn't realize and she doesn't either) but this is the first art festival on my own so a bit nervous but going to have fun for sure. Plus throwing in some jewelry I made which should bring in enough to pay for gas.

Oh man you should have seen the traffic on Friday. At work my team and I went on a little field trip to Provo to see a movie (Pirates 3) at the mall. Oh bloody hell the traffic going south was diabolical. We drove back to Lehi and there was a string of campers, trailers, you name it. Then I hopped on my motorcycle and rode back home towards Salt Lake. It was backed up from Provo to I am sure Salt and Lake and beyond. Also I am sure it was backed up beyond Provo and maybe all the way to Nephi. I just don't understand it? NOTHING is worth that torture.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I've started to sell some of my photography. I've done some retail shows with the boy and have some work in a few stores (including Tanya's Chevron which I didn't realize and she doesn't either) but this is the first art festival on my own so a bit nervous but going to have fun for sure. Plus throwing in some jewelry I made which should bring in enough to pay for gas.
    So that handsome guy that brought that new post card/photo rack to my store is yours. It's great work. I was happy to have it in the store.