Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buckskin Gulch

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRoxx
    Yep, I took all of them, the rattler my BF almost stepped on, then he/she posed for pictures. With a zoom lens of course. The other non-venemous snakes we encountered in some canyons we were exploring in the Sierra Anchas near Globe.

Entering caves this time of year in Az usually with have a rattler of varying types cooling off in the entrance, Tigers, Mohaves, Blacktails--you name it. Kinda stimulating to be crawling in and have that rattle about 2-3 feet away from you.
    I really love your photos! You have quite a talent with the camera. Not just these but your scenery shots!
    Speaking of "fear of snakes".... In 1980 I went to Hong Kong to join my parents do reparations on their sailboat and then help sail back to the US (the wrong way, E to W). We spent 4 months fixing and stocking as we waited out the typhoon season. A harbour called Hebe Haven close to the "New Territories" (close to the back then 1980, Chinese border) is where we were moored. One day I decided to take a hike from the harbour. Initially it was along a path as I saw green snakes hanging from the trees above (later to find out that they were very venomous) then decided to short cut thru the jungle back to the harbour later in the afternoon. The hike was the thickest jungle I've ever seen. Rarely touching the ground thru the thick foliage and root systems. Finally got back and in the 90 deg temps and 95% humidity realized a cool shower in the provided camp shower was in order! I walked up to the door and saw immediately an 8' black snake in the bathroom/ shower and he had a rat in his mouth! I backed out and he slithered (with rat in mouth) out the door. As I entered to take my refreshing shower he stood up ( with rat in mouth) and flared his hood not more than 4' from me! It was a 'Cobra' and to think I was just "bushwacking" through his environment! I now Call Hebe Haven.....Hebe Jeebes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I have Bo and my album done for Buckskin.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/ima...m2/index44.htm

Found this of Buckskin.... for the guys. It reminded me of a Shane and lady friends trip through Buckskin.

http://www.andyfreeberg.com/fa13_buckskin.html