Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckskin Gulch

Buckskin Gulch

We did Buckskin as a Saturday/Sunday backpack. In at Wire Pass, camped at the Confluence, and out White House. I took over 300 pics and I'll post some ASAP but for now here is the quick TR. I'll try and add more as I add pics but I know a couple members of uUtah are heading through shortly and can use the info.

Only a couple of pools in Buckskin and they were all less then waist deep. The sand slogging in Buckskin is the worst I have seen. The canyon bottom is really sandy right now. But the exit out Paria was on top of dry mud and the easiest I have seen... just backwards from the usual Buckskin/Paria sand slog.

The seeps are flowing in Buckskin just above the campsite and are easy to pump.

The rabbit hole under the rock fall is plugged up so everyone has to go over the top. Every group should carry at least 30' of rope to handline this obstacle. I don't expect the rabbit hole to unplug for a long time if ever. It's plugged solid with 5' of dirt over the top. It would take a full day of shoveling to open the rabbit hole back up.

I'll be updating a few tib-bits in my route description over the next couple of weeks but it currently has all you need to know.

Buckskin
    http://climb-utah.com/Escalante/buckskin.htm

And last but not least.... every time I have ever done Buckskin the info I received from the rangers beforehand is sketchy at best and usually just wrong. This time was no exception.... take any current info you receive from the Paria rangers with a giant grain of salt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice report, gotta get this one out of the way sometime. How was the temperature, seems like it would've been one hot weekend.

This is the best pic, no doubt. Does somebody need to use the potty?

Temp's were nice, shorts and t-shirt. Light weight sleeping bag at night. A couple of the girls were wearing light jackets in the morning chill but it never got cold to me. I slept most the night on top of my sleeping bag.

It never got to hot but we hiked out early Sunday morning to avoid the heat. The slot is usually nice and shady.

Sorry it takes me so dang long to go through my pics.... the problem is all the hot babes in my pictures..

Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice fotos. Some of those look really clear and sharp. Kewl.

the buckskin ROCKS

Bogley BigShot
    Looks like Ice heaven! You and a bunch of women.

I just posted the pics of the women because they are much easier on the eyes then John and Ryan (desrethiker).

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I just posted the pics of the women because they are much easier on the eyes then John and Ryan (desrethiker).
    Did you pay some hikers to pose or something?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Nice report, gotta get this one out of the way sometime. How was the temperature, seems like it would've been one hot weekend.

This is the best pic, no doubt. Does somebody need to use the potty?

Looks like the wife caught him chasing those other ladies who tagged along.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Did you pay some hikers to pose or something?

Left to Rifht

Shauna (hot, young stripper wife), Cristina (hesse), Lynn & Felicia

I stand corrected! Well ok another question, did you pay them to tag along BEHIND THEM.. checking out the "views"?

Left to Rifht

Shauna (hot, young stripper wife), Cristina (hesse), Lynn & Felicia

Where do I find out how to sign them up? I'm planning a 14th-15th trip in there and I would love to duplicate the photo!

i thought that looked like Felicia, next time you see them, tell them hi for me

My hot young stripper wife took her own camera this trip. Here are some of the better pics she took.

Do you have to have a permit for this canyon?

Yes, a permit is required for Buckskin. Overnight permits are kinda hard to get and limited to 20 people per day. You also need a permit to hike it in a day but day hike permits are unlimited. You can also take dogs, but they also require a permit.

If you want to overnight this canyon its about time to start checking into getting September and October permits, which is a good time to do the route.

My new, improved and revised Buckskin route descrition is now up.

Buckskin Gulch & Paria Canyon
    http://climb-utah.com/Escalante/buckskin.htm

This is a freebie route.

Enjoy