Thread: My pissed off rant for the day: The Blue Zone (ISP)

My pissed off rant for the day: The Blue Zone (ISP)

If any of you fellow uutahans are thinking about using The Blue Zone as your internet service provider, I suggest you find any and all other options before even looking into it.

I have Qwest and have been a little disappointed in their continuity of service. I lose connectivity a couple of times during the day (some more than others) so I thought I would see what the competition provided. I can't do cable, as they can't get it to my house (even though my next door neighbor has it). The Blue Zone hub is 300 feet away, so I thought it would be a good, reliable connection.

I used their website to order their service. Nobody called for 2 weeks.

I called their number to order service, they scheduled installation for the next Tuesday from 9 - 12. Nobody showed up.

I called Wednesday, they told me someone would call me right back. Nothing for 2 days.

I called Friday and was told that the company they contracted with for installation was fired and they didn't have any installers. It would be another two weeks before they could install anything.

Two weeks later I call. They schedule me for a Monday afternoon install. Nobody shows.

I call and was told that the installer broke his hand. They're looking for another one and that they would call me back. Nothing.

I called that next Wednesday and found out that I was surprisingly scheduled for install the following day (a day that I could not be home, but my wife was, so no big deal).

Thursday, the installer shows up. No instruction, no anything - didn't tell my wife squat other than it was in. I get home and find this:

Yes, it is a piece of paper covering an extra hole he felt like putting in my wall.

At this point, I'm SO done with these ass-hats. I checked their web speed compared to my DSL (which was supposed to be 2 times faster) and found it to be about dialup speed.

So I got outside to see the ungodly antenna on my house and to my amusement, see this:

Yup, he ran the cable out and around my gas meter.

I got The Blue Zone on the phone and told them that I'm done with them, their shoddy service, etc. etc. and to come back and take their garbage with them. Again, they scheduled a day two weeks later and never showed up.

They were supposed to come out this morning and take care of it but instead, I get a call wanting to reschedule. Nope.

I told them that they can come and pick their equipment (including everything that hooked up to my computer) any time, that it would be sitting in my front yard.

Goodbye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those pics are priceless!!!! I especially love the piece of paper over the hole in the wall

What a joke!

Wow, what a horrible service, are they covering the damage to the wall? Thanks for heads up man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Wow, what a horrible service, are they covering the damage to the wall? Thanks for heads up man!
    I won't let them back in my house. I can't imagine how bad they would screw up a patch job based on past performance.

My parents use BlueZone (too far away from the switching office for DSL, and cable wasn't available at the time). It's speeds range from "not bad" to "What is this? Dialup?". I would stay far, far away from them.

Holy smokes, that is a terrible job!

Call 'Get Gephardt!'

Sorry

That wall mount is professionally done.