Thread: google earth map of canyons?

google earth map of canyons?

I spent an hour looking for the google earth canyons map download that I got from this site and could not find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Perhaps the mass quantities of PBR that I'm consuming right now have affected my searching abilities...

And I was looking for it to see if there were updates.. are updates to the file being done?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hopefully this is what you're looking for:

http://www.math.utah.edu/~sfolias/CP.jpg

I couldn't find the link on this forum either, but I had Stefan's site bookmarked and found it from there.
    Blog | FB

um ... so there are a couple of ways of finding it if you lose it.

(1) in the Canyoneering Links Sticky, which always sits at the top of the canyoneering section, there is a link to the map in the BETA section.

(2) i have a canyoneering links page which you can easily find by typing "canyoneering links" in google. it'll be the first hit. or click on my website under a post of mine/my profile.

as far as updating ... is there something in particular you were hoping for?

Re: google earth map of canyons?

Quote Originally Posted by JonHaradon
    I spent an hour looking for the google earth canyons map download that I got from this site and could not find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Perhaps the mass quantities of PBR that I'm consuming right now have affected my searching abilities...

And I was looking for it to see if there were updates.. are updates to the file being done?
    Or are you talking about this one? It's under the Members Only section:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5983

as far as updating ... is there something in particular you were hoping for?[/quote]

Or are you talking about this one? It's under the Members Only section:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5983

shaggy wins the prize for getting me what I was looking for... thanks!

Stefan, as far as updates, I'm not looking for anything in particular. I used the map as a source of new beta for me. There was stuff on there that I had only heard about, but didn't know where it was located or where to find more information about it. I also use it in planning trips and figuring out how far apart things are. And I love just surfing around the map! Now that Shaggy sent the original post, I note that he said 'don't look for updates anytime soon,' which I completely understand.

thanks again!

JONATHON

Quote Originally Posted by JonHaradon

shaggy wins the prize for getting me what I was looking for... thanks!

Stefan, as far as updates, I'm not looking for anything in particular. I used the map as a source of new beta for me.
    that's funny, i had a feeling you were looking for his kmz file at the time, but thought that since it's integrated into google earth you wouldn't have "lost it."

glad eric helped you out, though.