Thread: Rattler strike...

Rattler strike...

Jumped out of my truck yesterday and nearly stepped on this cuddly little fellow!

- DAA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow, nice video! It must be a good year for snakes, 'cause I've seen more in the past year than I've seen in my entire lifetime! My son climbed right over the top of a baby rattler a couple of months ago, and I've seen several gopher snakes in the last few months. Where'd you run into this bugger?
    Blog | FB

Thats one pissed off critter. Very cool!

Dang nice video!! It's a good thing that camera was there

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    ...Where'd you run into this bugger?
    We were up in Idaho on Thursday for the first 'chuck hunt of the year. Saw several rattlers, and a couple gopher snakes, but this was the only one that caused any concern. Even then, the concern was mild. It DOES get your attention though, when you hop out of the truck and hear that buzz, look down and he's right there!

- DAA

I hate those things!!

Here's one my son and I came across this spring in TX while turkey hunting. They get a lot bigger down there then anything we run across up this way...thank goodness.

Holly mother ****'** ****!!! You crazy SOB!! How close did that motha get to striking you. Son of a bitch!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Holly mother ****'** ****!!! You crazy SOB!! How close did that motha get to striking you. Son of a bitch!!
    Not "that" close. I had the camera on a folded up tripod, and held it out at arms length. When the snake was fully extended, his fangs were still a good 24" from my hands. You'll note I still couldn't help pulling back though .

- DAA

It must be a good year for snakes, 'cause I've seen more in the past year than I've seen in my entire lifetime!
    Yeah this year and last I've seen a bunch of snakes everywhere. Pretty crazy.

Dude, you've gotta throw that video on YouTube, and put your RMVH.com tag on it. Nice footage!

Hope you don't mind, DAA. I threw it on there for you, along with your website tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Hope you don't mind, DAA. I threw it on there for you, along with your website tag.
    Don't mind at all Man. Thanks!

- DAA

That is one of the coolest vids I have ever seen. Just like watching Animal Planet.

Make sure you wash any venom off the camera. It could still cause problems.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Spectacular Video!!! I still have yet to see a wild rattle snake.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice