Thread: art nord

art nord

any one been up there yet..if so what is it like..rideable yet?
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: art nord

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    any one been up there yet..if so what is it like..rideable yet?
    We're looking at riding the Maples Loop next Tuesday. Shagster drove up near Snowbasin and said it looks good.

let me know how it is...out of town the rest of this week so i do not think i will get up there until then...have fun be safe...!

Icebox Canyon is perfect. Even though some como took all the rocks off Hero Hill right after the stream crossing.
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

Was up there a week or so ago Ice box canyon was great and heading up to the art nord trail head was good there was a little mud but nothing you couldn't ride around. Heading up past there was ok for a bit but the horses have pretty much tore it up which sucks!! And there was quite a bit of mud but it has been warm the last little bit so the mud may be getting better as far as the what the horses have done to the trail that will take some time to level out.
    You got like 3 feet of air that time!

Quote Originally Posted by window_licker
    Was up there a week or so ago Ice box canyon was great and heading up to the art nord trail head was good there was a little mud but nothing you couldn't ride around. Heading up past there was ok for a bit but the horses have pretty much tore it up which sucks!! And there was quite a bit of mud but it has been warm the last little bit so the mud may be getting better as far as the what the horses have done to the trail that will take some time to level out.
    When you hit Art Nord, which way did you head? I like to cross the paved road and ride the loop clockwise.

Horses tear that trail up pretty bad.

That is the way I was going to head also. Here is a link to the ride so you can see how far I went before it got to bad. I tried to head up to greens pond and also maples just to see how it was. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2629543

I know there is a huge mud pit almost year round near the parking lot on that right side, but there were other bad spots?

Ya that big one was there and there was a few spots along the trail that had mud and I didn't even make it up that far so who knows what it looks like up a little higher, but it could be getting better with the weather.

Balls!!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Friday we took off from the Art Nord parking lot and rode up the road about a mile to the trailhead on the sharp right curve. The first 1/4mile or so of trail was pretty roughed up by horses being ridden up wet trails. There were parts after that were messed up, but pretty much rideable all the way after that. One tree downed over the trail past the bridge. We rode up to the Green Pond trailhead parking area on the new Snow Basin Road, shot the sh*t for a few, then turned the bikes downward and hit the lower section back to Art Nord. The trail was pretty rough and rutted in areas, so it was a blast going downhill. Thank the gods for suspension. I was being a dumbass at the very bottom, catching air off the dips, and crashed. It did some damage to my ribs, so I'll be resting for a week or so.
    Love this area for biking.....we O-town riders are blessed.
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

just rode from wheelers up ice box..then to art nord up to the maples campground road..first section past ice box torn up bad, between the horses and the run off..but after about a half to quater of a mile the trail turned good! ice box in great shape, miss the root on the down hill though made things intresting....now it is a piece of cake. man i do not understand taking things out like that...i told my riding buddies, if i ever die on the trail due to an obsticle, dont let them tear it out, just put a marker..."he tried his best....the mtn won!"

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum