Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but this is just stupid; teachers should be fired

Sorry, but this is just stupid; teachers should be fired

Is this for real?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...3/faked-attack

MURFREESBORO, Tenn.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This was on the Radio from Hell show this morning. That is so messed up for those teachers to do that.
    The man thong is wrong.

Good job for the teachers. In this day and age it's unfortunate that fire drills just are not enough. As far as the parents, most over-react to things and have knee-jerk responses. But, they would be the first to complain if a shooting did occur and blame the school and it's administrators for not doing enough to protect its students

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    That is so messed up for those teachers to do that.
    I agree, maybe they should have put some more thought into this before actually carrying it out.

That is messed up I can't believe they did that. I don't see how doing that protects the school kids.

The Emotional Trauma inflicted on those kids is real, even if the attack wasn't. PATHETIC
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Had they used paintball guns, it might have been genuinely interesting.

Seriously, I don't know what to think of this. Everyone has a good point on this thread.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

This is good because the kids have been though the drill and now they are well-prepared in case this happens for real. Let's see, they learned to:
    1. Cry
    2. Cower in an exposed position and remain immoble
    3. Draw attention to their position with pleas for mercy

As a society, we have been trained to be sheep.

Not to come across as an arm chair direction yeller, but, for instance, in the SLC mall shooting, why didn't a group of people overpower the shooter while he was reloading?

Granted, I dont know any details of that awful situation, but I wonder what I really would have done if in such a situation...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

So, next we drop a bomb on a school to teach the kids how to dive under their desk???? Where is the general outrage at this unbelievably thoughtless act? Imus got fired for an outrageous comment, how can these idiots not be fired?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Re: Sorry, but this is just stupid; teachers should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    Is this for real?
    not to worry - just a routine media fabrication... :-)

Apparently they repeatedly told the students it was not a drill. Then when they finally explained it to them, they called it a prank.
    So I'm not convinced they were trying to do a prep drill, like a fire drill. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but I think I'd be pretty pissed if I were one of the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

Seriously, I don't know what to think of this. Everyone has a good point on this thread.
    They actually did this at Madison Highschool (paintballs and all) the year after I graduated. It caused a huge uproar in the community. Apparently, the school district hired an outside firm to come do the drill. It caused a lot of emotional trauma, and they were actually shooting students.

While I think it would be great to bust into a highschool and blast all the little terds with paintballs, I am 100% against this kind of drill.

IMHO - Teachers should be strongly educated on how to use firearms, and certain teachers should be packing. It's definitely the teachers who need to be going through drills.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

They just need a plan that everybody is familiar with.

If they want to ban firearms in the classroom, the teachers should be responsible for protecting the students, since they are stripped of that option.

They didn't need to do a big drill.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869

They actually did this at Madison Highschool (paintballs and all) the year after I graduated. It caused a huge uproar in the community. Apparently, the school district hired an outside firm to come do the drill. It caused a lot of emotional trauma, and they were actually shooting students.

While I think it would be great to bust into a highschool and blast all the little terds with paintballs, I am 100% against this kind of drill.

IMHO - Teachers should be strongly educated on how to use firearms, and certain teachers should be packing. It's definitely the teachers who need to be going through drills.
    Price, this is a bad bad sign. I agree with you on every point.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Crap, we gotta lock this sucker up now.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869

I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students. That way there would be more of a chance for someone to stop these crazy shootings and other violence that afflict our nation's schools. Just arming the teacher isn't enough 'cuz the savvy edu-terrorist is gonna just take Miss Crabapple out first and have at it.

I'd like to see lunchlady Doris blastin' baddies through a vat of stewed horse testicles! MMmmMmM. More horse testicles means more iron.

I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students.
    And here I had the impression that you were anti-guns for self defense. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students.
    And here I had the impression that you were anti-guns for self defense. I stand corrected.
    I thought so! Hey, you know the old one about assumptions...

Geez, if they're not for self-defense, what good are they?