Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adams Canyon Waterfall

Adams Canyon Waterfall

Went up to see this waterfall today. Crowded, but a great hike nonetheless.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Incredible! The snake is really awesome!!!!! The water shots are serene... beautiful!

Nice pics, thanks.

Did you kill the snake and eat it? I heard rattler shiskabobs are pretty tasty!!

Nah, he was just a little guy. Wouldn't have been much of a meal. Maybe next time.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Hey! Great pics, looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I wasn't able to make it... had some stuff come up Friday night, and I wasn't able to get to bed 'til nearly 4am... morning just came waaaaay too quick. If it would have been a couple hours later, might have still been able to swing it, but, we'll definitely have to make it one of these next times!

Y'know... it's funny, all the hiking I did last summer on & off-trail up along the ridge above Snowbasin... never did see a single snake. Maybe I just got lucky!

I tried to get the snake to rattle, but he just wouldn't do it. Guess they are more docile than I thought. I didn't see a rattler at all last year. Makes me wonder how many I passed and didn't even notice.
    - Edward Abbey

Nice shots, I've never been up there.

Did you see any mountain bikers ? I have ridden up there several times. I like the downhill, technical rock sections. I have yet to see any other bikers up there. I wondered if bikes are even allowed up there. I have heard that there are several rattle snakes up there, although I have never seen one. That was a great shot of snake and proof that they definitely are around.

yeah we saw two guys with mountain bikes.
    - Edward Abbey

I went up to the Falls yesterday with Mtnman1830 & Rdavis1239, we didn't see any Snakes. I couldn't beleive how crowded it was, but the It was Memorial Day.

The trail head is in Layton on East side Drive which is Just off Hwy 89
    you turn onto East side drive off of 89 at about 800 N.

Hey thanks! Talk about detailed info....

After you get to the trailhead, just head up the canyon as far as you can go. Its a fairly easy hike, 3.5-4 miles round trip.
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Hey thanks! Talk about detailed info....
    You bet any help I can give I will

If you go there take every thing out of your vehicle. Last time I was there I pulled into the parking lot and every car had the window smashed in and there was a cop there writing police reports about every one.

Any one ever have or see any problems like that?

I have never had a problem. But, it is a good idea to keep valuables out of site, or leave them home.
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by velox
    Last time I was there I pulled into the parking lot and every car had the window smashed in and there was a cop there writing police reports about every one.
    When was this?