Thread: Ogden River Parkway - paved trail

Ogden River Parkway - paved trail

I've been wanting to check this out for a while, and I was pleasantly surprised. I will be towing my boy in the bike trailer soon on this trail.

This is a paved trail following the Ogden River. I've heard it documented that it's 3.1 miles from Washington Blvd to Rainbow Gardens, but I was coming up with @ 2.7 miles. This could be from different parking spaces.

I would suggest parking on the North side of the river on Wash. Blvd at @ 1800 south. Park on the east side of the blvd, you'll be 100ft from the "OGDEN" sign going over the road on the bridge.

If you bike up to Rainbow Gardens at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, you'll be able to have your "downhill" on the way back. (total elevation change is probably @ 60ft within the 3 miles). You can end your ride at @6 miles round trip, or you can continue out west and come back.

Maps of this trail are very hard to come by. I found one, and it is even outdated. As of today, the official Parkway goes from Rainbow Gardens, all the way west to the 21st street pond (west of Wall Ave.). This is all paved.

There is a Riverdale section that will eventually hook up, and it's rumored that this will all become a 26 mile marathon loop.

So, I parked on Wash blvd, rode east, then came back, passed my truck, went out to 21st street pond, and back. I put on around 8.5 miles.

This trail is very easy, and there are a lot of walkers/joggers/runners/dog walkers too. It is fairly scenic, and a great family trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

omh, some of the pics have me cracking up

too bad you can't take a picture of the dog food smell
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

Wow thats quite the trail. Some of it looks really nice, while some looks like a freak show.

Once you head west of Wash blvd, you're pretty much in the ghetto.

We took our little buddy on this trail last Saturday. He really enjoyed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images