Thread: Short hikes in Alpine, with a waterfall or a lake... WATER!!

Short hikes in Alpine, with a waterfall or a lake... WATER!!

Hello all,
    I am trying to find a nice little hike in Alpine to take a date on... I would really like something that we could do in an hour or two, and that has water.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
    Dale

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds like you'll be going up AF canyon then. You can take a drive up to Tibble Fork Reservoir, very pretty. Its only about a 10 minute drive up the canyon. There is a trail that goes around the lake too. I have been up there a couple times lately. The snow capped mountains behind the lake are very pretty right now.

You will see signs that take you to Tibble Fork. You go up the canyon and up past timpanogos cave and then turn left at the Y fork in the road. There is a trail that starts at the end of the damn as well. I am usually on two wheels in this canyon, so I have not done a lot of hiking. I have attached a trail map for you to download. Remember to bring a $2-3 to get in the canyon. Although they might not be charging yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just down the road in PG, there's a nice waterfall hike up Battle Creek Canyon. Just drive east on 200 South until it ends and start hiking. The waterfall is about 20 minutes up the canyon, and you can hike further up for a great view.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    Just down the road in PG, there's a nice waterfall hike up Battle Creek Canyon. Just drive east on 200 South until it ends and start hiking. The waterfall is about 20 minutes up the canyon, and you can hike further up for a great view.
    I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley most of my life, and I can't figure out what "PG" means. Am I total noob?

I think PG means Pleasant Grove, and I only lived here for 7+ years, lol

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley most of my life, and I can't figure out what "PG" means. Am I total noob?
    You obviously don't hang out in Utah County enough, PG is short for Pleasant Grove.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    You obviously don't hang out in Utah County enough, PG is short for Pleasant Grove.
    Yeah and it also doubles as the rating of that area, PG. Sorry couldn't resist. . .

Utah County? Ooooh...that wedge between Salt Lake County and Carbon County. (Apologies to Fletch).