Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XTS Moto - Opinions?

XTS Moto - Opinions?

I'm looking at buying this bike for $1200 new. This will be my first "real" bike.

http://www.diamondback.com/items.asp...=12&itemid=170
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think that bike is one of the better values out there for freeride bikes. You can't complain about the frame or fork, components are great, wheels may only last a year or two, depending on how you ride...

By first 'real' bike, what do you mean? First mtn bike? What kind of riding history do you have? I really got into Down Hill mtn biking in '98 - '00, DH bikes back then are the free ride bikes of today, I hated riding my DH bike anywhere other then ski resorts, and I could only afford to do that a few times a year.

Back to the bike: Its a great deal and would be a damn fun bike to have in the stable. :D

Yeah, the thing is thats a 90% downhill bike. All of the trails here in the valley are mostly cross country. You will always have to lug it up the trails in order to go back down them (except for the ski lifts, as Joe mentioned). What does it weigh? I didn't see it listed in the specs. My cross country bike weighs 29lbs. I prefer a cross country bike for those reasons and a few others. Just remember, when you've earned the downhill, its that much sweeter.

One thing you fellers have to realize is that I'm 300+ lbs, and the last bikes I have had, the suspension has easily bottomed out and left me tumbling down the trail without the bike. Also because of my weight I need a well built bike because I plan on beating it up. I do have a hard tail GT for some of those full up hill extravoganzas. THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I LOVE THIS SITE.

I don't see where you could hook on a basket?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I don't see where you could hook on a basket?
    Having no basket is truly a damn shame, and what happened to those fat seats with springs.

Get it !!!! The chicks will dig it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    One thing you fellers have to realize is that I'm 300+ lbs, and the last bikes I have had, the suspension has easily bottomed out and left me tumbling down the trail without the bike. Also because of my weight I need a well built bike because I plan on beating it up. I do have a hard tail GT for some of those full up hill extravoganzas. THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I LOVE THIS SITE.
    Mountain Bike Fiction mag has brainwashed the general buying public into thinking that anything over 30lbs is too heavy to ride cross country on. Don't believe it. At your weight, IMHO riding something less beefy than about 35lbs is tempting grievous bodily harm, especially if you're thinking of jumping/dropping anything more than a couple of feet.

The XTS would, IMHO, be an excellent "all mountain" bike for you. Unless you're slightly off, the fun begins after you get get to the top of the mountain. And if you're not racing XC, it's not very important how long it takes you to get there. Enjoy nature and the calories burned getting to the top, and then rock on the way down without worry that your 26# XC wonder machine is going to leave you picking moose poop out of your teeth.

Get the Moto and have fun. It's an excellent value for the money.

I'm with sprung on this one...forget how much it weighs, and enjoy the ride. I've done the same thing with my "all-mountain" bike. Mine weighs 36 lbs., is a bugger to pedal to the top of the hill, but is a blast to ride down...I love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

I'm a big fan of your method!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I climb best using this method.

Good points made boyz. You will need some beef and you could join mtnbiker62 for one of his rides: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6804

Definitely join us! We're doing the slow, fat thing tomorrow morning, at Green Canyon trailhead in Logan...9:00 a.m....be there, or be square! We're fat, we're proud, we gasp for air real loud!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    you could join mtnbiker62 for one of his rides: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6804

Guys thanks for the help. I ended up making the purchase. And then breaking my "F"ing foot on saturday. So my biking is screwed for a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    Guys thanks for the help. I ended up making the purchase. And then breaking my "F"ing foot on saturday. So my biking is screwed for a month or so.
    Ah hell, that blows. Were you riding the bike?

I was actually just getting on the bike. The doc said that the tendons in my lower foot snapped the bone off. I had some tendonitis. It's the only thing that could of happened as it happened while my foot was suspended mid air.

Congrats on the Bike! Sorry to hear about the foot. Hopefully the month will pass soon and you can get out there sooner then later!

I have a DH bike that weighs about 46lbs. and here's what I say. I don't care if I have to push my bike up hill. Once the down hill starts, see ya later!!

Another thing which I think will make you happy with your purchase is this, The heavier the stronger, in most cases.

Tear it up. I ride my bike with all my crosscountry friends and for the most part I keep up with them. I don't make it up all the stuff they do, but then again. Then don't make it down the stuff I do either. Take your pick, as for me I would much rather bomb down a hill and hit a few drops then climp up puke hill or something.

Good choice with the bike. Just stop being a whimp and breaking your foot and go out and ride!! Ok just teasing about the foot, hope it heals soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized
    I have a DH bike that weighs about 46lbs. and here's what I say. I don't care if I have to push my bike up hill. Once the down hill starts, see ya later!!
    Amen.

MyT, heal fast. I can empathize.... Going on almost a year now, and it still hurts.