Thread: Vegan Parents Starve Baby to Death on Soy Milk/Apple Juice

Vegan Parents Starve Baby to Death on Soy Milk/Apple Juice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Poor baby. How sad.

"They're not vegans, they're baby killers,' Fulton prosecutor Mike Carlson told the jury Tuesday during his closing arguments."

I think the prosecutor is spot on here. This is about evil people, not vegan lifestyles.

My wife knew of some people who wanted to get rid of the baby's fat - so instead of milk, the fed him gelatin water - the poor baby's brain did not develop and is pretty much a vegetable. So sickening.
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

It's very easy to raise an infant on a vegan diet and have the child be healthy and well-nourished. It's sad that these people blew it so badly.

Vegans typically live free of animal products.
    Serious question and not meant to be a joke.

Does the above include breast milk?

The baby was too young to eat solids anyway. Do vegans consider breast milk as an animal product.

Note that I'm not trying to be insensitive to the situation. Just curious as to why it was soy milk.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

That's a damn good question. I never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    Vegans typically live free of animal products.
    Serious question and not meant to be a joke.

Does the above include breast milk?

The baby was too young to eat solids anyway. Do vegans consider breast milk as an animal product.

Note that I'm not trying to be insensitive to the situation. Just curious as to why it was soy milk.
    I am a practicing vegan and I consider human breastmilk from an infant's mother to be entirely consistent with a vegan diet.

I am a practicing vegan and I consider human breastmilk from an infant's mother to be entirely consistent with a vegan diet.
    Thanks. I wonder why they just fed the baby soy milk (and some apple juice) then. Very strange and sad.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    human breastmilk from an infant's mother to be entirely consistent with a vegan diet.
    Only if she was a practicing vegan

clearly these folks were not very intelligent in how they tried to raise their child. It's very easy to keep your kids healthy and provide them everything they need while living a vegan lifestyle. why in the world they were feeding him mostly "soy milk and apple juice" is beyond me. Sounds more like a diet of poverty than veganism.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!