Thread: Concerts/RedButte/festivals

Concerts/RedButte/festivals

I work next to Gallivan Center and hit about 3 concerts a summer. Post here if you are interested in or announcing your presence at these evens to hook up with people we all know.

I want to goto Bright Eyes on Sunday but I had a girl want to but she forbade herself from having fun on the Sabbath. She so needs a pity **** but that is a different story.

Start your musical gatherings here. I'll show especially for the free stuff with the boys. They love it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not to hijack but I just got tickets for the Dream Theater concert. . .

Anyone know who they are?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

that's funny, i was wondering if anyone here listened to them. a good friend slips me tunes now and then. he's got front row to the show ... loves them to immensely.

pretty good ... seems they can play metallica in their sleep

Wasn't Brighteyes last Sunday (04/29)? I wanted to go, but we had a big family reunion thing for my grandma's birthday. If I'm wrong, and it's this Sunday, I'm going.

My wife and I will probably hit at least a few Red Butte concerts, but we like to sit in the "cheap seats" outside the gates with all the other drunks and cheap bastards. (Plus, we can bring our dog). I'm definitely planning on going to see Chick Corea and Bela Fleck, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, and I may even buy tickets for Son Volt.

A few of us are going to the Depot this Saturday to see a Led Zepplin band!! Wha-hoooooooo!! "Been a long time since I rocked in the moonlight...."

Got tickets to Chick Corea and Bela Fleck, also to Keb Mo - the only two we'll be around for this year!!

The Gallivan concerts are on Wed and Thurs, correct? They've started already???
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

I have just about all their CDs, awesome band. Checkout James La Brie's solo efforts (Mullmuzzler), pretty heavy shit. Also, Jelly Jam (John Myung's other efforts), also heavy shit. Also, John Petrucci solo effort Suspended Animation, very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Wasn't Brighteyes last Sunday (04/29)? I wanted to go, but we had a big family reunion thing for my grandma's birthday. If I'm wrong, and it's this Sunday, I'm going.

My wife and I will probably hit at least a few Red Butte concerts, but we like to sit in the "cheap seats" outside the gates with all the other drunks and cheap bastards. (Plus, we can bring our dog). I'm definitely planning on going to see Chick Corea and Bela Fleck, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, and I may even buy tickets for Son Volt.
    Son Volt is coming to Red Butte? I'm buying for that, I've had Jay Farrar in a constant loop for about 3 months now, send help.

Brighteyes was last Sunday and it was reported back to me that it was a typical Kingsbury crowd, as in not sure to either sit or stand.

I don't think Gallivan has started yet, pretty soon though from what I recall. I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Son Volt is coming to Red Butte? I'm buying for that, I've had Jay Farrar in a constant loop for about 3 months now, send help.
    Yeah, Son Volt closes out the series on August 26. Should be a good show.

I don't think Gallivan has started yet, pretty soon though from what I recall. I'll find out.
    I can't find a 2007 twilight series schedule, so I don't think anything has been announced yet. Maybe they'll bring back Earl Scruggs - that was an awesome show.

Bright Eyes was great last year. Too bad I couldn't make it this year. I would love to hit up some Red Butte concerts. I've heard that is a great venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Bright Eyes was great last year. Too bad I couldn't make it this year. I would love to hit up some Red Butte concerts. I've heard that is a great venue.
    it's a wonderful venue ...

had too many wonderful times there over the past decade ... and to bring beverages in is a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

had too many wonderful times there over the past decade ... and to bring beverages in is a treat!
    Oh yeah, that's super nice. You can bring your own beer in, too?

I remember that the Cowboy Junkies played there a few years back. I sooo wish I would have gone to that!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

I remember that the Cowboy Junkies played there a few years back. I sooo wish I would have gone to that!
    I saw the Junkies with my ex while she was expecting our 4 year old. She tossed her cookies on the lawn, I had to get her out of there fast. An omen. I love that place.

On a side note, I've been listening to Landlocked Blues today, its on repeat.

oh yeah, beer, wine, blankets ... marvelous. great sound, great scenery.

in fact you technically don't even need to pay. if you just want to listen from a little ways back, you can sit behind the fence which bounds the grass. the sound is decent, but for best sound and enjoyment, inside is better.

get there early to get a good place

yeah, too many over the years to remember them all. off the top of my head some of my favorites have been lucinda williams (2001), david grisman quintet (1998), gillian welch. i really would have loved to see herbie hancock last summer ... damn!

WHAT??? Bright eyes sucked at the HAll.
    i've seen BE several times, and am constantly disappointed in his lack of interest. i guess watching a drunken kid on stage wasting his talents just gets old after a while.

Sons and Daughters was great though

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    i guess watching a drunken kid on stage wasting his talents just gets old after a while.
    My wife went to that Pearl Jam concert.

WHAT??? Bright eyes sucked at the HAll.
    i've seen BE several times, and am constantly disappointed in his lack of interest. i guess watching a drunken kid on stage wasting his talents just gets old after a while.

Sons and Daughters was great though
    Yeah, it did kinda suck now that I think about it. But I blame more of that on the sombre mood of the crowd. I thought concerts were supposed to be fun where people got up and danced and such. Everyone's energy was sure set on low that night. Even with the kick ass Sons and Daughters. I think what I liked about Bright Eyes most of all was the variety of instruments and performers on stage. And it was the first time I've seen him.

Sons and Daughters was a much better show last year, but I do enjoy Bright Eye's music more...

The venue for that concert sucked. That was the first concert I went to where EVERYONE sat down the whole time... it was kinda off some how...

i saw Sons and Daughters in Feb in Glasgow Scotland.
    now that was a show.
    those crazy Scots really know how to get a party started.

i saw Sons and Daughters in Feb in Glasgow Scotland.
    now that was a show.
    those crazy Scots really know how to get a party started.
    That's why I want to work for the airlines. I really want to check out Ireland.

That's why I want to work for the airlines. I really want to check out Ireland.
    That's why I for the airlines.