Thread: north fork mill b

north fork mill b

went for a hike up nf mill b yesterday. still a good deal of snow in patches up higher. read - post holeing ! *ugh* a way nice hiek though. can't beat hidden falls right at the start. that double falls up higher i whacked down to for a photo-op on the way out. i did it so you don't have to. haha. much nicer frokm a distance. kee pit up mr. sun ! another month and trails will be good and clear i bet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice pics with the shutter control. Very nice!

Very nice shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

great pics!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

It's also a nice way to Mount Raymond.

thanks.

digital definitely has its advantages. it would have taken me 2 hours to set up, shoot, and tear down w/ a 4x5, or even an hour w/ a 35mm outfit. plus the wait to see how teh chrome actually turned out. then a not very cheap drum scan (although poster size tack sharp prints do kick crap out of 8x13 digi prints). i spent all of 20 minutes w/ the digi. AND instant gratification !
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    It's also a nice way to Mount Raymond.
    yeah, i wanted up higher, but post holeing up to my waist for significant stretches caused me to take a more direct route, nearly straight up, up the mountain side where bare to avoid all that. tuckered me out ! so once i got up to the high ridges i took it in a bit then headed down. wanted to go play around all that fun lookign rock to the west of raymond, wander teh ridge a bit. next time...
    signature

Nice pictures. I was wondering what kind of camera you are using? I would love to get me a nice camera to take shots like that.

Nice pictures and looks like a really neat place. I've really got to work on my pics of "flowing water".

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    Nice pictures. I was wondering what kind of camera you are using? I would love to get me a nice camera to take shots like that.
    thanks.

and i am using a digital slr now, the canon eos digital rebel xti (400d). had a hard time transitioning to digital after 2 decades of film but after a very short while i like the sped up work flow and am not interested in exhibiting anymore. if you are lookign for a dslr, what holds true fro film holdws true fro digital as well - its all about the glass. plus w/ digi you have a sensor. but after doing a lot of research on it i found sony makes the sensors for all but canon. canon manufactures there own. and that the price differences are due to features, NOT so much end print quality. 10 meg is 10 meg, no matter how much you pay ( sensor size is a factor though ). and in teh end a good photo is due to a good eye, not how much you paid for teh gear or what brand it is. for all you photo buffs out there who want to improve your photographs i would really recommend ansel adams books. they are just as valid in todays digital world. understand light and form, and all the other characteristics of the medium from visualization to exhibition and your images will surely become more pleasing to you.
    signature

Wow them are some great pics