Thread: School Buses Above the Law?

School Buses Above the Law?

Am I crazy for thinking that school buses should obey the posted speed limits on state highways --- especially when they are transporting kids?

Am I crazy for being concerned upon finding out that the local school bus was transporting kids around at 10 - 15 mph OVER the speed limit? (Going 75 - 80mph on roads where the limit is 65mph)
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: School Buses Above the Law?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Am I crazy for thinking that school buses should obey the posted speed limits on state highways --- especially when they are transporting kids? :ne_nau:

Am I crazy for being concerned upon finding out that the local school bus was transporting kids around at 10 - 15 mph OVER the speed limit? (Going 75 - 80mph on roads where the limit is 65mph)
    The buses here in VA are set to run no higher than 50 m.p.h. Of course, they still speed on backroads...

Sidenote: I recently checked into buying an old Bluebird with an International diesel from a school system in Kentucky to convert to a hippie camper, but found that to "un-do" the speed preset you have to change the rear end gears. I always thought it was a throttle limiter. Anyhow, the rear end mod adds $2,000 to the project -- unless you want to creep along.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Sidenote: I recently checked into buying an old Bluebird with an International diesel from a school system in Kentucky to convert to a hippie camper....
    I've wanted to do that sooo bad. I'd get the ramp out of an old U-haul and mount it under the fire excape. You could take out the back two or three rows of seats and have toy storage. Put a couple of motorcycles back there for side drips or hiking shuttles.

And yes, it does concern me to hear about school busses going that fast. The problem is the everybody else does it. I go 5 to 10 over and I get passed like I'm standing still. Slow down and save gas.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Am I crazy for thinking that school buses should obey the posted speed limits on state highways
    yes.

Being the video freak that I am, I'm going to mount a camera on my dash and make a compilation of police officers disobeying traffic laws that I get tickets for.

Nothing will come of it but good entertainment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    make a compilation of police officers disobeying traffic laws that I get tickets for.
    You might want to check the laws before you assume they're disobeying. Some of the laws they are exempt from that you are not. Possible ones would be seatbelt and cell phone. I think if I remember correctly, you guys don't have a cell phone law, yet.