Thread: Tuesday 5/1 after work ride (salt lake area)

Tuesday 5/1 after work ride (salt lake area)

Where the hell are we riding?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Tuesday 5/1 after work ride (salt lake area)

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Where the hell are we riding?
    Great question! I have no ideas. Do you think anything up AF is rideable?

ok I am ready to ride with you guys, i will look for the details

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: Tuesday 5/1 after work ride (salt lake area)

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    Great question! I have no ideas. Do you think anything up AF is rideable?
    I went up AF canyon on Friday for a motorcycle ride. I tried to go over the top and the gate was still closed except it was cracked about 4 ft. So we went through and attempted to go over the top, but we hit snow at the fork before the summit. So if we did go up there we would have to ride quite a bit of pavement. The closed gate is at the parking area just after the steep U turn to the South. I think there would still be some big drifts on the trail too.

What about Yellow Fork??

I could show you guys some fun stuff if you'd like in Draper.. just let me know. What I'd propose is leave a car at the base of the hill by the Draper pool for the shuttle, then we'd all start the ride up at the top of Suncrest and ride back down to the car. There's some very fun twisty downhill singletrack, a little bit of climbing, and then some more great singletrack!

Should be somewhere around 8 miles, 1500 ft of loss, and maybe a couple hundred of climbing. Unless you want the big loop, adding about 500 more feet of gain/loss.

This would kick Yellow Fork's butt

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    I could show you guys some fun stuff if you'd like in Draper.. just let me know. What I'd propose is leave a car at the base of the hill by the Draper pool for the shuttle, then we'd all start the ride up at the top of Suncrest and ride back down to the car. There's some very fun twisty downhill singletrack, a little bit of climbing, and then some more great singletrack!

Should be somewhere around 8 miles, 1500 ft of loss, and maybe a couple hundred of climbing. Unless you want the big loop, adding about 500 more feet of gain/loss.

This would kick Yellow Fork's butt
    Oh man! that sounds sweet. Can we do this tomorrow at say 5:45pm? I will meet at the pool and we can pile bikes into my truck for the shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal

Oh man! that sounds sweet. Can we do this tomorrow at say 5:45pm? I will meet at the pool and we can pile bikes into my truck for the shuttle.
    Yeah, sounds great! I live right where we'll start the trail so maybe I'll meet you guys up there. Actually I may want to drive down too so I can get myself back up to the top when we're done!

To get to the pool:
    Take I-15 south to Bangerter Highway (next exit past 12300 So)
    Go left on Bangerter, and go straight through the first light up to Highland drive. Turn left onto Highland at the Chevron station. One of the very first right turns will be Vestry Rd. (about 1/2 mile?). Turn right on Vestry and exit 2/3 the way around the roundabout. Your first left is a large parking lot at the pool where there are soccer fields, etc.. That's the shuttle drop.

To the trailhead:
    Go back out Vestry and turn left, heading back up to the Chevron station. Turn left onto Traverse Ridge road and follow all the way up to the top. Left at the 4-way stop, and take your first left again onto Haddington. Drive straight about 50 yards and park in the gravel turnaround. This is where we'll start.

This will be a lot of fun. It's my favorite loop down there.

call me if you have any problems!
    Ian

I'm in! I will be at the pool around 5:45pm in a black F150 longbed.

I'm in. See you guys there.

Sweet, I finally get to meet the all mighty Acca . The man behind the curtain. The ruler of the UUTAH free world.

I'll have one or two people showing up too, so it should be a good ride. There are a couple different options depending on what people feel like when we arrive at the drop spot.

Anybody else??

The speedo part is a lie

It is Tuesday, I must ride my trike. I will be the big fat guy in a speedo. LOOK OUT!

See you suckas there.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?