Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: uUtah June Canyoneering Trip

I can make it down as well, and also think blackhole+zerograv is a good idea but there are so many others I'd like to try I'm open. I should also have 3 carpool spots from slc. Cant wait!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I can't believe tanya is going to pass this event up.... what a pity!

What can I say? Zion rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    I can't believe tanya is going to pass this event up....
    Tanya doesn't operate outside of the gravitational pull of Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

I know someone else that does the same thing, sez it's too far to drive to the North Wash, Escalante, Robbers Roost. He lives in St. George. To me, he's cutting out alot of month's of good canyoneering time.

Well, take me off the list. The boss says I have been doing too much camping without the family. I just took her to Zion! Oh well, mabey next time. (cue whipping sound)
    The man thong is wrong.

Bring her along man...

The boss says I have been doing too much camping without the family.
    The boss is telling you that you should take the family with you to the Black Hole.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I would love to, and she would love to come. But, I just had my parents watch our kids while we went to Zion and I wouldn't feel right asking them again so soon. I can't wait until the kids are older and we can take them in the canyons. I'm addicted!
    The man thong is wrong.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

we have one that is 11months. I wouldn't worry about the 2 older kids but the baby is a no-go.
    The man thong is wrong.

we have one that is 11months.
    Yeah, definately don't want to take an 11 month old in there. Eek.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

If group size gets too big, we can split and run two groups. Food for thought...
    With the group size capping at 25, I agree with the split. Rock, you and I should lead one of 'em. Should be a fun trip! I haven't been back to the "black hole" since 2000. I'm really looking forward to it!

Lets wait and see what actually shakes out..... setting groups at this point is really getting ahead of ourselves.

You guys should just let me lead one group. I will have everyone hooked in to their backpack pads straps instead of a harnesses in no time. Plus my chances of finding naked men are much higher than yours, which qualifies me as a trip leader!

Nekkid men! I'm outta here. . .

So Kazak turns to me and says "what am I supposed to do? Just let the nakid guy drowned?"

My reply "Yes!"

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch

I know someone else that does the same thing, sez it's too far to drive to the North Wash, Escalante, Robbers Roost. He lives in St. George. To me, he's cutting out alot of month's of good canyoneering time.
    I love all you people here on Uutah.com..... but Zion does rule! Those little 12 miles to Zion have spoiled me! Then the GSENM is so close too! I am not just into "canyoneering"! Around Zion is a hiking mecca! I consider canyons the same as hiking.... so would anyone that hangs around Bo much. He makes them as easy as a hike.

And... but I hate to say!
    Right now I also have a few little problems.. had surgery, HAVE mono and I am working like a mad person often double shifts 7 days a week. I do have hopes I can hike soon though.. perhaps this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I love all you people here on Uutah.com..... but Zion does rule!
    The Black Hole is completely different from anything you will find in Zion. Just canyoneering Zion is like sticking strickly with the missionary position... yeah its nice..... but you are missing ooooh soooooo much.

Get well soon....

Bogley BigShot
    The Black Hole is completely different from anything you will find in Zion. Just canyoneering Zion is like sticking strickly with the missionary position... yeah its nice..... but you are missing ooooh soooooo much.

Get well soon....
    But! There is more to life than canyoneering! (I know not for some of you)..... There is hiking and stuff! Some day if I ever do everything around here I will go outside self imposed (Zion, North Rim, Bryce Canyon, Dixie Forest, Cedar Breaks, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Paria Canyon - Vermillion Cliffs and everything between) limits. There is just so much stuff in those limits though!

Thanks!

Get well soon....
    But! There is more to life than canyoneering! (I know not for some of you)..... There is hiking and stuff! Some day if I ever do everything around here I will go outside self imposed (Zion, North Rim, Bryce Canyon, Dixie Forest, Cedar Breaks, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Paria Canyon - Vermillion Cliffs and everything between) limits. There is just so much stuff in those limits though!

Thanks!
    Ya, but while your "hiking" do you pull nakid men outa pools? Well.... we do while we canyoneer in outer Zion limits!