Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: uUtah June Canyoneering Trip

Fourtycal, PunchKing and I are taking off around 3 hopefully. We will crash in Hanksville Friday night and meet up with ya'll Saturday morning at the trail head.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OK, some questions. Anyone staying at Sandthrax Friday night thru Sunday? Will there be a potluck on Saturday night? Will anyone be staying Saturday night at Soldiers Grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    OK, some questions. Anyone staying at Sandthrax Friday night thru Sunday? Will there be a potluck on Saturday night? Will anyone be staying Saturday night at Soldiers Grave?
    Since we haven't covered that yet, I assume we do our thing...Maybe run to Hanksville for a nice juicy hamburger?

Other then the Black Hole trip you guys are on your own and welcome to organize anything you like.

I plan to arrive late Friday night, hike the Black Hole and then play it by ear from there. At the moment I'm leaning towards the juicy burger in Hanksville idea afterwards... but I can be easily persuaded in anther direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm going to have to count myself out on this one, unfortunately.
    Justin you're a dork! Why are you bailing out?! There's a place here in The Monti that serves all-you-can-eat crab legs and prime rib on Saturdays!

You're missing out!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

FYI -- If you're planning on a nice warm So. Utah trip, and don't pack warm weather gear to sleep in I guarantee you will regret it!! Things are cold down here. Summer is dragging it's feet in arriving, and the nights are cold!

Just last night half of my garden was killed from the excessively cold temps. Not too happy about that....

The mental picture of Rockgremlin in bib overalls doing gardening makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The mental picture of Rockgremlin in bib overalls doing gardening makes me laugh
    You should see me with my trowel in one hand and watering can in the other...

Hey... I was bringing my daughter to the Black Hole with me but she is sick as a dog tonight so probably will not be going.

Anyhoo..... if she bails I'd be interested in catching a ride down with someone or someone hitchin' a ride with me.

My plans are flexible but I was thinking leaving Draper about 5ish? I can do Saturday only or Saturday and Sunday....... its all good.

Shane, there's always room for you in the "lifestyle"

i'm planning on a 6-ish departure and eating on the run
    gimme a call if you need a ride

Slight change of plans on my side. I'll be sleeping in my bed 2night (instead of at the Soldier's Grave). I'll meet up with you guys at the trailhead tomorrow morning.

hei Rock ,
    Kazac got wetsuit
    it is old and thorn , but better than nothing.

bad you are not home
    deserthiker was thinking to extend you an invite to climb desert glass or something like that , that is in your backyard in monticello
    have fun guys

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    At this point, I'm (and I'm sure she is too) willing to give anything a try. Much appreciated.

Thanks again Cri.

Ya, me and Ryan will get together eventually. We been playin' canyon tag for awhile now. I guess I'm "it."