Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: uUtah June Canyoneering Trip

uUtah June Canyoneering Trip

uUtah June Canyoneering Trip
    Official Thread

It looks like the forum is interested in a June 9/10 canyoneering trip. It is currently in the discussion and planning stage. Here is what has been suggested to date:

June 9: Black Hole
    June 10: ?

Everyone is invited. Please read up on the Black Hole and feel free to ask questions. Last year this was a fun weekend and we had a reasonable mix of experienced canyoneers and noob's. Hopefully things will flush out about the same this year.

Black Hole Info
    http://climb-utah.com/CM/blackhole.htm

Feel free to make suggestions.....

Below is the current list of those going:

1. Iceaxe
    2. Wasatch
    3. fourtycal
    4. Kazak
    5. Kazak's friend Adam
    6. CarpeyBiggs
    7. rockgremlin
    8. Punchking
    9. accadacca
    10. Brewhaha
    11. mtreker
    12. Mike
    13. Dan
    14. Dan's daughter
    15. Marc
    16. shagster
    17. RedRoxx
    18. Alusul
    19. Iceaxe_Jr
    20. wiese
    21 & 22. John and Felicia

Sign-up is closed!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If the 10th is Deer Canyon I might be interested since I haven't done that one and it's near the Black Hole. Supposed to be a good one for warm weather.

I may be headed for Capitol Peak that weekend though. I'll check the scedule.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I'm up for it. Since it should be pretty hot, may I suggest Fry and the Fryleete for the next day.

The Black hole is high up on my list. I just penciled it on my calendar, so I guess I am committed.

Looks like it's going to be a full crew!

I am in.

Count me in, and perhaps my brother from Tahoe... We'll be spending that week previous doing some canyons in Zion, but we can hook up with you guys for the Black Hole. Fry would be nice too...

Kazak, thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I'd be happy to share some tips while we're down there.

For the second day I'm thinking about deserthikers Conundrum (because I haven't done it) and Zero-G. It will be hot in June and both have water. Also fits well with my returning to the city of salt.

We can also split into smaller groups the second day or just plan a Saturday only. Only thing I would suggest is we keep the routes beginner friendly.

Fry with Conundrum or Zero-G would also make a nice double.

Sounds like a blast! I might suggest that we have volunteers bring good food for dinner Saturday night.

I've got a killer recipe for avocado salsa I'll bring.

If group size gets too big, we can split and run two groups. Food for thought...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Fry with Conundrum or Zero-G would also make a nice double.
    I don't know where Conumdrum is, but what's the logic of combining Zero-G with Fry? They are probably 100 miles apart?

Not a complaint at all, but a friendly question and just curious.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Ah yes. Pot luck dinner is a must. Only problem is, I can't cook. I'll bring the cases of gatorade... It's my specialty.

Dang...no, take that back...Damn! I will be out of town that area taking a group on a hike through Rattlesnake Canyon. I hope that I can catch you guys next year. I was going to bring Dutch Oven Potatoes and Cheesecake too.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Dang...no, take that back...Damn! I will be out of town that area taking a group on a hike through Rattlesnake Canyon. I hope that I can catch you guys next year. I was going to bring Dutch Oven Potatoes and Cheesecake too.
    Double Damn!

Can't you call in sick?

I may have to hire the world renonwned guide, RockGremlin, to take me through the Black Hole some other time...after all my kid invited his to a birthday party ;-)
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Well nutz... I'll be in Zion It would be fun though to meet some of the regulars and I'd also kick in some dutch oven goodies, if I were going.
    Life is Good

Umm, food comes before everything else, maybe change it to June 16th?

June 16th weekend is Father's Day, AND it Tom's Zionfest.

June 2nd is still open for me though.

I can bring my two-burner stove, if need be. Fry/Condondrum works better logistically, or at least closer together and it's on the way home.

I could do the 2nd as well, if that works for everyone else.

Could also do the 2nd if need be.

sweetness! I would love to come. I am a noob so I guess that means I am offering to carry rope.
    The only thing that would keep me from going is if we need a wetsuit for the canyons. I dont have the funds right now for a wetsuit, after buying helmet, biners, rope, etc.
    The man thong is wrong.