Thread: Crack Canyon TR

Crack Canyon TR

Headed up Crack Canyon with a group of people I belong to. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Durning the mornings and evenings, jackets were needed, but the days were warm.

We camped near Temple Mountain. There were people everywhere. Lot of ATV riders out riding, but they were very considerate, not racing by and being crazy. (probably my first good experience being in the same location with them).

We started up Crack after breakfast. This area is amazing.

Here is the group starting the hike

Further down the canyon

We ran into a few water obsticles, and on one occasion, we had to climb out then back down to avoid getting wet.

It was a warm sunny day, and the scenery was wonderful. I can't wait to do more exploring in the Swell. It is fast becoming on of my favorite places.

Old Uranium Mines in the area
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You were pretty hard to miss on the trail. I just looked up and saw your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    You were pretty hard to miss on the trail. I just looked up and saw your avatar!
    LOL

Am I really that hard to miss?

Good thing I don't have a picture up in the Post Office.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

This is me accessing a geocache near the campsite. Sorry about the quality. I took it with my phone.

Crack Canyon clips
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2024528026
    - Edward Abbey

How's that cell phone battery treating ya

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    How's that cell phone battery treating ya
    I was suprised. I took it off the charger when I left, and made some phone calls on the way down, took seven pictures with the phone, the two videos posted, and another, and previewd them a few times, and it ended up dying in Pleasant View.
    - Edward Abbey

Wow, that's some life for all that stuff you did with it. Good thing you didn't get stuck with a dead battery

Thanks for the report, good pix. When I was down there a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at the number of people camping in that area. I didn't do Crack Canyon, but the walls look much like Wild Horse and Little Wild Horse. I'm sure it's a good hike.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

That looks like a cool little hike.

Thanks for sharing the pix. Especially good to see people taking the little ones out, now that I'm in that demographic too. Bummer about the ATV's. I know how that can ruin an outing, not to mention create a major safety hazard when you've got a little one ambling about.

Re: Crack Canyon TR

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Headed up Crack Canyon with a group of people I belong to.
    You belong to them? Did they make you carry their stuff and pick their cotton?
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Thanks for the report, good pix. When I was down there a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at the number of people camping in that area. I didn't do Crack Canyon, but the walls look much like Wild Horse and Little Wild Horse. I'm sure it's a good hike.
    crack canyon is very much worth doing.