Thread: TR: Big Springs Hollow Video (with crash)

TR: Big Springs Hollow Video (with crash)

Rather uneventful weekend going on here in Utah County, so I rigged up the helmet cam again for another one of my favorite rides: Big Springs Hollow.

The trail is completely clear of all snow as of this week. The forest service even took some chainsaws to the three or four trees that blocked the upper meadow roundabout trail that fell during the winter. The rains from this weekend had the trail a little muddy in some places, and I stuck a tire in it, and went for a little tumble. Had the helmet cam on, so it made for some funny footage. Other than that, the trail is in sweet condition, though that climb after the fork still kicks my ass every time.

Enjoy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love singletrack. That trail looks great! Nice spill too.

HA, I passed you when you were filming your first clip This makes you the second uutah person I ran into this weekend.

That trail is pretty sweet

Yeah summitt, I wondered if that was you, based on your pics here on the site. Where'd you guys end up riding? I never saw you again. Looked like you were ready for some serious DH or something. We oughtta ride sometime. I want to check out the Squaw Peak trails you posted on.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Yeah summitt, I wondered if that was you, based on your pics here on the site. Where'd you guys end up riding? I never saw you again. Looked like you were ready for some serious DH or something. We oughtta ride sometime. I want to check out the Squaw Peak trails you posted on.
    It started to rain so I just bombed down the trail before I got to the top of the loop. Then it stopped raining so we messed around on a little pallet jump near the parking lot before we went home.
    I have been riding/pushing up that trail at least once a week up to the snowline. My Goal this year it to go up and over the Cascade Saddle and ride down into Rock Canyon
    We should ride if you are willing to wait for a slow guy pushing this DH bike up the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    It started to rain so I just bombed down the trail before I got to the top of the loop. Then it stopped raining so we messed around on a little pallet jump near the parking lot before we went home.
    I have been riding/pushing up that trail at least once a week up to the snowline. My Goal this year it to go up and over the Cascade Saddle and ride down into Rock Canyon
    Yeah, that rain started coming down pretty good. Do you take the trail out of the top of the actual springs area, or do you stay on the road up to the saddle? The climb up out of the springs seems pretty fierce. I've only gone maybe .5 mile past there before it becomes too steep... I haven't ridden the road past the fork where it crosses the river about 1.5 miles up from the trailhed. I imagine the climb to the saddle would be crazy steep. Let me know when you attempt the feat, perhaps we can set up a car shuttle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    We should ride if you are willing to wait for a slow guy pushing this DH bike up the trail.
    I ain't exactly the fastest dude out there....

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Yeah, that rain started coming down pretty good. Do you take the trail out of the top of the actual springs area, or do you stay on the road up to the saddle? The climb up out of the springs seems pretty fierce.
    This is the route I will take http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=832073
    Its pretty damn steep up there, I have only hiked it. I am just going to take my sweet time and push my rig up there after all the snow melts.

Do you ever ride at sundance?