Thread: Idaho Regatta

Idaho Regatta

If you are a race fan the Idaho Regatta is not to be missed. I have been going since 1978. Party Central is the Best Western in Burley, don't plan on sleeping. That place rocks all night long and the racing is hot. If you want to see my hot young stripper wife in full party mode this is the place.

Idaho Regatta
    http://www.idahoregatta.com

Friday, June 23, 2007.
    Parade through Downtown Burley 10:00 am Assemble at 9:30 at Mountain View School Parking Lot at the corner of 27th and Overland
    Testing and Qualifying 12:00 pm Coarse
    Happy Hour Race 5:00 pm Coarse
    Live Concert 7:00 pm Race Site

Saturday, June 24, 2007.
    Drivers Meeting 10:00 am Control Tower
    Elimination Finals 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Course

Sunday, June 25, 2007.
    Drivers Meeting 10:00 am Control Tower
    Elimination Finals 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Course
    Awards Banquet 7:00 pm Race Site Elks Pavillion

Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This weekend

Did I mention that out of every sport I've ever been involved with boat racers party harder and have by far the best looking women?

And you single guys should kiss my feet or at least buy me a beer for passing along this info..... every farmers daughter in Southern Idaho attends this event with one thing on the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    every farmers daughter in Southern Idaho attends this event with one thing on the mind.[/b][/i]

To sell potatoes???

You would be amazed what some of those girls can do with a patato

Yeah baby!!! Just got home.....

You know its going to be a full throttle party weekend when you check into your hotel and the hotel will not except your money unless you sign a wavier stating something to the effect of...

We are having a big wild ass party this weekend and you will NOT get any sleep if you stay here. Please go elsewhere if you want to rest and relax. Live rock band in the courtyard from 8pm to 2am.

I love Burley weekend.

Beer at the races costs $6 a SIX PACK!!!! Take that Larry H and the Utah Jazz.

If you stroll by the pool any time after 1am it will usually be occupied by 20 to 30 naked folks. Double that number at about 3am.

I've been heading to Burley for the Idaho Regatta for about 30 years, this was one of the best years yet. Great racing and a great weekend.

I have reaffirmed my belief that no one parties as hard or lives life on the edge like boat racers.

Race Results here:
    http://www.southidahopress.com/artic...ttaresults.txt
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    If you stroll by the pool any time after 1am it will usually be occupied by 20 to 30 naked folks. Double that number at about 3am.
    Hmmmmm....I bet 98% of those people I'd wish would keep their clothes on.

Sounds like a great time to be had. I miss going to the Unlimited hydroplane races (even though they are a mile from my place each year in SD). I used to be a cheapskate and watch them for free from a bridge nearby. Thanks for the trip report and pictures.

BTW, any killer wipeouts/crashes?
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

They flipped one crakerbox in his heat race but had him up and running for the second days race.

When you go to an event like this or the hydro's you have to actually attend the event to get the full flavor. People watching is half the fun. You can actually watch the Idaho Race for fee by walking through the weeds on the far side of the river, but its not the same....

I used to go to the unlimiteds when they raced on Willard Bay Utah, but that was a few years back. I actually prefer the flat bottom sprint boats because the action is really fast and furious. Races are 4 laps and the minute one race finishes the next starts. The program is a copy of any saturday night sprint car program.

Time again for the Idaho Regatta... I tell you folks every years this is the best party west of the Mississippi...

Event Info
    http://idahoregatta.com/eventinfo.htm

June 26-28, 2009

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    You might not believe this but I'm quite impressed with Boats, Beer, and scantily clad women........

Can't they do this down at Sand Hollow instead of the Snake?
    Probably too far, but..............................

They also race on Lake Mead, and on the Colorado River at Parker if you like boat racing... No one parties like boat racers..... No one clanks more than a boat racer when he walks....

APBA Racing Schedule
    http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/race_schedule/index.php

But Burley is the best race venue. The river runs along a park so you are sitting on grass, you are next to the river within a couple feet of the boats. It's the biggest event of the year for the entire state of Idaho. The local towns go full throttle to support the event.

And get this.... when you buy beer they sell it by the 6-pack... at only $6 a sixer.... last time I was at a Jazz game I paid $6 for one little beer....