Thread: 14ers CO

14ers CO

Would anybody be interested in climbing some 14ers in CO in the month of July? I've done a few and would be interested in doing some more. Most likely something in the Sawatch Range, it would also be a four day weekend, drive down early Friday morning (might even get in a dayhike), do a 14er on Sat, another on Sun, then drive back to SLC on Sun afternoon. Not sure where we will carcamp though, maybe in a campground or on BLM land.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmm... I would go, but I still have to get the highpoints in all of Utah's counties (23 more to go) and Utah's 13ers (19 more to go). Maybe next time!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I've only got 1 county high point and one 13er so I think my plans will be to bag some of those this summer. I'd love to do a CO 14er but considering my busey scheduel I'm afraid that would be a bit ambitious.
    Life's to short to short to spend indoors

you may have better luck if you try ucolorado.com

.... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    you may have better luck if you try ucolorado.com

.... sorry.
    I already belong to some 14er sites. Just would like to get a carpool going from SLC. I'm not a millionaire, gas wise.

Just would like to get a carpool going from SLC.
    Did you ask my Dad?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Scott,

I asked your dad years ago, he never showed interest back then, I might ask again though. By the way you have a PM.

I'll be backpacking into the Chicago Basin and summitting Windham during the trip in July.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    I'll be backpacking into the Chicago Basin and summitting Windham during the trip in July.
    Nice area, never been there though. Have a great trip.

I am hoping to hike/climb Elbert this summer but I said that last year and never made it over there. A friend in Denver and I talked about doing Elbert one day and the next day or maybe 2 days later doing Massive which is near there.
    RP

Quote Originally Posted by rwpontius
    I am hoping to hike/climb Elbert this summer but I said that last year and never made it over there. A friend in Denver and I talked about doing Elbert one day and the next day or maybe 2 days later doing Massive which is near there.
    RP
    Elbert and Massive were my first two 14ers done about 5 years ago. Elbert one day, Massive the next, good workout, 4 day trip.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum