Ping statistics for 209.131.36.158:
    Packets: Sent = 13, Received = 5, Lost = 8 (61% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 49ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 50ms
    Control-C
    ^C
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bob>

That pretty much says it all.

Today was the third time comcast has come out to my house and they THINK they MAY have found the problem.
    Not only does my internet have problems but the TV's pretty much does the same damn thing, its not worth watching... I am currently waiting for visit number 4 ....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I agree. I thought a client of mine was blowing me off - and apparently comcast decided to block their email addresses. It wasn't until I lobbed a call into them that we found this out.

"sorry about that"

WTF????
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

Where do you live Summit? Just tell them you are going to switch to UTOPIA or iProvo, and I'm sure they'll rush to solve your problems... That is, if you live in an area where you can get those types of alternatives.

Gotta love the telecom monopolies. I dealt with comcast for a few years in Provo, and luckily there is some competition now.

I've never experienced good service from any cable or satellite company. Could it be the lack of meaningful competition?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    I've never experienced good service from any cable or satellite company. Could it be the lack of meaningful competition?
    you know it. hopefully Utah will let in some other cable companies and we'll see what happens.

I feel the same way about Qwest. Their DSL drops me 40+ times per day and my phone has been fuzzy since day 1.

I called The Blue Zone two weeks ago and their contracted installers quit on them, so their out another 2 weeks.

Dish Network, Questar and Rocky Mountain Power are the only services that I haven't had problems with (other than Questar bending me over during the winter months).

My comcast works great but I'm not gonna keep it for more than a year because after the intro period its a rip off.
    2006' Honda Rubicon 26" Mud Lite XTR's 2500lb Winch
    1989' Honda 250R Laeger Everything, Durablue Axle. 310 Big Bore ported, Pollished, Milled. PEP Shocks. Paul Turner Pipe & Silencer. Renthal Bars. Custom Air Box K&N Filter. Runnin 110

Quote Originally Posted by Stuck N Utah
    My comcast works great but I'm not gonna keep it for more than a year because after the intro period its a rip off.
    Just tell them you are going to switch to Qwest and they'll match that price. That's what I did and locked in a pretty good rate with them

What is your download / upload speed with the matched price?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Just tell them you are going to switch to UTOPIA or iProvo.
    I live in Orem.

UTOPIA should be here in the fall... they got with in a few blocks but then had to expand elsewhere phase III is what they tell me.
    I wont switch to DSL comcast its not too.... when it works. I hate the upload cap but its better than DSL (for gaming) but its not even close to UTOPIA

Re: Comcast sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Today was the third time comcast has come out to my house and they THINK they MAY have found the problem.
    Not only does my internet have problems but the TV's pretty much does the same damn thing, its not worth watching... I am currently waiting for visit number 4 .... :frustrated:
    Is Verizon DSL available in your area? if so, it's really great. I've used it for two years and no big problems -- just occasionally reset my modem and router to speed things up. Plus, you can bundle TV, phone, and DSL for like $115/month.

Good gawd! I sound like a commercial..
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake