Thread: Man jumps from Empire State Building

Man jumps from Empire State Building

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/...o8puAsE7lvzwcF

[quote]Police responded to the New York City landmark shortly before 3 p.m. after a 911 caller reported seeing a severed leg
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Man jumps from Empire State Building

[quote=HEADHUNTER]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_re_us/empire_state_jumper;_ylt=AnjB36YV7XqAE3o8puAsE7lvz wcF

[quote]Police responded to the New York City landmark shortly before 3 p.m. after a 911 caller reported seeing a severed leg

If you were going to kill yourself would you want publicity like this, or would you rather have your death try and go unnoticed?

I think I would go way far away from everyone so that my family wouldn't be hurt by it as much (hopefully).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I'll resist the tempation to comment here, except to say that it's not that hard to make a suicide look like an accident. Now I better not be hearing about a sudden rash of "accidents" among Uutah members! Don't make me come up there and whoop your already dead *sses!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    "a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.
    You think? I would assume the average lawyer has a fairly cushy life, but maybe there's something I'm missing...

The only stats I know off the top of my head relating to the subject is that suicides among dentists is among the highest compared to other professions. Try to be nice to your dentist!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    If you were going to kill yourself would you want publicity like this, or would you rather have your death try and go unnoticed?

I think I would go way far away from everyone so that my family wouldn't be hurt by it as much (hopefully).
    I'll throw in, if you are going to kill yourself make sure you do it right. I can't tell you how many people come in to the hospital with their face halfway blown off, but their brain undamaged, or tried to jump off something and are now paralyzed but still alive, or the good old lock myself in the garage and leave the car engine running... oops someone found me and called 911 and now I've killed half of my brain cells and my family has to feed me and change my diapers. Best suggestion, get some help, but if you are really going to do it don't screw it up and make your situation ten times worse than it was!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Best suggestion, get some help, but if you are really going to do it don't screw it up and make your situation ten times worse than it was!
    I've heard that a lot of failed suicides find a new lease on life and don't try to kill themselves again. Maybe a good shotgun blast to the face is all some people need to get themselves straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    I'll resist the tempation to comment here, except to say that it's not that hard to make a suicide look like an accident. Now I better not be hearing about a sudden rash of "accidents" among Uutah members! Don't make me come up there and whoop your already dead *sses!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

"a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.
    You think? I would assume the average lawyer has a fairly cushy life, but maybe there's something I'm missing...

The only stats I know off the top of my head relating to the subject is that suicides among dentists is among the highest compared to other professions. Try to be nice to your dentist!
    Actually lawyers have a very high suicide rate. I think there is a corresponding link to when the shredder breaks down.
    Life is Good

Maybe the Yankees lost that day to the Red Sox, wait they play this weekend in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    "a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.

Actually lawyers have a very high suicide rate. I think there is a corresponding link to when the shredder breaks down.
    Every law office should employee a Fawn Hall-type employee (did I just show my age or WHAT!!!!)
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

I think all lawyers should jump off tall buildings.... it would be better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I think all lawyers should jump off tall buildings.... it would be better for everyone.
    OK.... I'll bite...... I prefer tall cliffs (with ropes)
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    "a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.

Every law office should employee a Fawn Hall-type employee (did I just show my age or WHAT!!!!)
    Naw, that would lead to more divorce and then more suicide.
    Life is Good