Thread: Good, Easy Hike in the Wasatch

Good, Easy Hike in the Wasatch

I'm looking for a good, easy hike in the Wasatch that's not the Pipeline Trail. I want to get up there this weekend, but since I'm still recovering from ACL surgery I can't really do anything to difficult (meaning, nothing that requires bending my knee). I'll probably bring my pregnant wife along, which means it has to be pretty easy for her, too. Bonus points if I can bring my dog.

I was thinking about the Quarry Trail, but I don't know if it's dry yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I believe the only place you can bring your dog is in Millcreek Canyon. So, with that said, shoot for Grandeur Peak, you might not make it to the top, but you will have a nice little hike. There are a couple of turn off's the trail below if you want to check those area's out. One of the I believe is Elbow Fork. There is a sign posted.

Head out to Antelope Island and hike around

Lots of flat and easy trails and it's nice out there this time of year. No dogs allowed.

I was out on Antelope a few weeks ago - it was beautiful. Unfortunately I was stuck in the Lower Frary parking lot all day because I was running an aid station for an ultramarathon and didn't get a chance to go hiking.

According to the Utah State Parks webpage dogs are allowed, but they have to be on leash. (Which is probably a good idea since my dumb dog would probably try to wrestle a bison).

Welcome to my world, the ACL thing, I am still recovering from a hatchet job on my torn ACL which happened over six years ago. My knee freezes up like a stiff drink. Funny thing is, I tore it wrestling a bison (sort of), I recomend the leash. Broads fork is a great trail for ACL recovery.
    ethical pursuit ethical kache

Dont do Grandeur Peak (sorry Wasatch!) it's very steep in the first part and would probably kill your knee coming down.

The road is closed up top still - maybe an easy walk up the road, it's pretty enough. (or City Creek)

Salt Lake Overlook is a pretty easy grade, and not very rocky, about two miles up to the top, great views, very nice.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Re: Good, Easy Hike in the Wasatch

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    I'm looking for a good, easy hike in the Wasatch that's not the Pipeline Trail. I want to get up there this weekend, but since I'm still recovering from ACL surgery I can't really do anything to difficult (meaning, nothing that requires bending my knee).
    first off ... you want to do hiking that doesn't involve bending the knee?

second off ... you want an easy hike in the wasatch that's like asking for flat, mellow bike riding in san francisco