Thread: "Upper pools" at 5 dub hot springs?

"Upper pools" at 5 dub hot springs?

Where are the "upper pools" at fifth water hot springs? I've been there half a dozen times and I didn't even know there were upper pools but someone told me about them-- I guess some old guy constructed them back in the day. I assume they must be up above the waterfall? Don't want to miss them next time I go. Especially if there is a saggy hairy armpit granola woman festival in the main area below the water fall
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: "Upper pools" at 5 dub hot springs?

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    Especially if there is a saggy hairy armpit granola woman festival in the main area below the water fall
    Ben
    EEWwwww... I saw one of "them" in the Narrows when I was taking a group of 16-18 year old boys through. She was in a halter top which only covered one sagger. The other one-eyed monster scared my boys blind. It was pretty funny actually. First one said " I can't see" Then one said was that a woman?... and so on.
    Life is Good

Your scouts have it easy. The last scouting trip I went on was the week long Yellowstone trip where our assistant leader skinny dipped, explained sex, and gave all of us a talk about maturity and body hair. We would have loved a partially nude woman by the end of that week.

Needless to say, he wasn't allowed to be a scoutmaster after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Your scouts have it easy. The last scouting trip I went on was the week long Yellowstone trip where our assistant leader skinny dipped, explained sex, and gave all of us a talk about maturity and body hair. We would have loved a partially nude woman by the end of that week.

Life is Good

Wow. I thought scouts was where everyone learned about the birds and the bees. I know that's where I got my first introductions... In fact, my scoutmaster had a little joke that went something like this.

"The only thing better than being in the outdoors, is being in the outdoors with your wife. The only thing better than that is being in the outdoors with your wife, hearing the coyotes scream, and then making the coyotes jealous..."

It took me a couple years to understand what he was talking about, but I still laugh about it to this day. He later became the Bishop of that ward.

And skinny dipping? I can recall it happening in more than a few high Uinta lakes during my time as a scout... I guess times have changed.

Yes, the upper pool is above the waterfall, and not very far. But be forewarned - people "claim" them and dont like to share because they are the nicest pools there for hanging out.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Wow. I thought scouts was where everyone learned about the birds and the bees.
    DITTO!!!

I also learned how to hot wire a car, drink beer and bar fight in the Scouts

Nothing beat summer camp outside of Jackson. We stole the scoutmasters car, went into town, bought beer, got tossed out of a couple of saloons, got in a fight.... damn... I sure miss the sound of a pool cue breaking over anther guys head

We used to call scouts "Crime School".

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    DITTO!!!

Nothing beat summer camp outside of Jackson. We stole the scoutmasters car, went into town, bought beer, got tossed out of a couple of saloons, got in a fight.... damn... I sure miss the sound of a pool cue breaking over anther guys head

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    DITTO!!!

I thought I did good just smuggling a little firewater in my backpack. I went to the wrong scout camp.

I lived in a pretty conservative ward. That whole week none of the scouts (except me and one other kid) took a shower because they didn't want to be nude around each other. In fact, I'm fairly certain that some of those scouts had never even seen themselves nude before. (Probably still haven't).

Yup.... some of the guys I hung around with were a bad influence on me...

Hey Rockski.... this is why ya drop the 25 bones for a CoF membership. You would have never missed the pools the first time around. You would also know some of the history of the upper tubs.

our assistant leader skinny dipped, explained sex, and gave all of us a talk about maturity and body hair.
    Have you ever...... been in a Turkish Prison?

n fact, I'm fairly certain that some of those scouts had never even seen themselves nude before. (Probably still haven't).

One day at scout camp

Ah the memories - one camp was a trip: Troop cut down a live tree while me and the scout master were checking in. That night - a bit of white gas poured down the stove pipe resulted in a nice flame catching a tree branch on fire.

That week we had two IDIOTS throwing hatchets at each other - not in anger - just to see how close they could get.

One kid 'accidentally' hung himself - knucklehead.

What a lovely time we had in the high Uintas
    Never leave home without a headhunter.