Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one less rider...

one less rider...

Saturday, April 7th -

At our local DJ spot, I went for it when I shouldnt have. Now I am typing with just my left hand...

Pictures will soon come.

Dislocated wrist. Broken radius. Ulna was displaced by ~ 2 inches. Walked out holding my hand with the bone poking my skin out over two inches. A night in the hospital, a plate, screws, and external fixation pins to hold the bones in place. 8 - 12 week recovery. F*cking sucks!!! But, it could have been much worse. Thank goodness for full face helmets. Broken now...

BOO.
    go away old man winter...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh dood that BLOWS!!

So what exactly happened then? I know your typing with one hand but inquiring minds want to know...WTF?

What no pictures of the injury???
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

OUCH! That sucks bro. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Time for speech recognition typing.

Seriously...we need pics.

Sorry to hear about the recovery though - that sucks. Just remember to recover smart and don't come back too fast. My brother broke his clavicle snowboarding, came back too fast, and broke it again his first day up.

The dirt jumps were re-done by some of my buddies. A bobcat was brought in and they are significantly bigger. There are five in a row. I hit the first two on Friday and hadnt hit the third of five yet. On Saturday, I wanted to hit the third. First two went OK, pedalled into the third. The landing went by underneath me. Landed nose first between the third landing and fourth take-off. I tried to ride it out - drop the tail in the air, but no luck. Bottomed my fork, tacoed my front wheel, snapped my arm. I am done dirt jumping. I am getting too old for the consequences. I turned 29 on Monday. When I am the oldest guy out there trying stuff by 4 years, I know I am too old. Still DHing, but no more DJing. At least not the poppy, lippy kind. These lips are vertical, prolly 7-8 feet tall. 12-15 foot gaps. I will scan my X-rays into my comp next week and post them and get some pics from the hospital from my buddy. No pics of the crash. My arm is tired from all that typing.

I won't come back too fast. I was planning on putting my DH bike away in May anyways until the bar exam is over. I am staying off the big bike until after that - July 26th. Road riding will commence in 6 weeks.

Well, that sucks again man. Just be sure to at least stay behind the camera though. That's what I have to do on a lot of stuff.

Oh MAN that sucks dude!! The thing that sucks too is that even when its healed it will ache after a heavy ride....embrace Ibupropin....and maybe glucosamine....Don't put the ride away though...be one with the pain brah!

Re: ...

Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    I will scan my X-rays into my comp next week and post them and get some pics from the hospital from my buddy..
    OUTSTANDING!! I'm gonna look for my knee X-rays! Let's see what else gets posted...?
    SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com

Hmmm...I can scan in my arthroscopic pictures from my ACL repair. But, they don't really look like much.

First off, I will not put the bike away. Ever. I will keep shooting my buddies riding. And I can scan my ACL, LCL, meniscus repair; broken ankle scans, broken legs on and on and on. I am slowing down though. No more DJing. 7-8 foot vertical lips - I am too old for that.

embrace Ibupropin....
    Vitamin I is my friend. Vitamin I is my friend. Vitamin I is my friend....

Ibuprofen rips my stomach apart. I was just on it for my knee, and it brought a whole new set of stomach problems.

pics of the updated x rays

so apparently i have one of the worst dislocations of the wrist they have seen. tore many ligaments. no riding until end of summer. i get the pins out in 4 weeks, then begin rehab. no twisting of my arm for two more months. brutal.

here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Ah dang...tks for the scanz...hope you heal well and quick. You might need to start drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    You might need to start drinking.
    Better listen to him, Flouder, he's in pre-med.