Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partner Wanted this weekend (4/14)

Partner Wanted this weekend (4/14)

Partner Wanted this weekend (4/14)

Looking for a partner to do a couple routes in the Roost this weekend. Sat (church angel special) or Sat/Sun (you're all going to hell) are good. Mostly interested in a SLC area partner to split gas and drive. Blood oath regarding secrecy optional, nothing too extreme, seating is limited, routes depend on who signs up.... PM if interested.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You could join us in Poncho/Gem if you wanted, but it's in the Swell.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    You could join us in Poncho/Gem if you wanted, but it's in the Swell.
    Ya, Shane....or are you afraid to meet "The Oracle" in person?

Speaking of the Gem trip, I don't think you got my PM Scott. I will be down on Friday evening - probably around 8:00 - 8:30. Where is the best place to meet you guys?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Sent PM
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

While I appreciate the offer I'm currently holding out for a partner and the Roost.

Roobers Roost

My brother and I will be in the Roost Friday and Saturday. We plan on doing Bluejohn on Saturday but I wouldn't mind meeting up and setting up camp together. Hopefully that is acceptable in this tight group

My brother and I are not experienced canyoneers, we only have a few canyons under our belts, so maybe we could meet up and get to know the legends.
    Conquistare al mundo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    While I appreciate the offer I'm currently holding out for a partner and the Roost.
    Bleh, any other weekend, I'd be all over it Shane. I am going to be on a Colorado river that weekend

Lot's of different response to this invite to date so how about I shuffle up the deck and deal a new hand.....

This trip is now open to all uutah members who at least know how to rappel without killing themselves.

My current plan is to drive down to the Roost Friday after work and set up shop at the White Roost Trailhead. I plan to do two, maybe three canyons, on Saturday and maybe one on Sunday (or I might drive home Saturday night).

I am interested in finding someone to share a ride with, I live in Draper. If you only want a ride down or back that is cool. My truck seats 4. Those wanting the round trip get first dibs.

I would be happy to join up with others to do some of the routes. I'm willing to adjust route difficulty to match experience level. If we have a couple of vehicles we can set up some shuttles and do more routes with less effort.

Post to this thread your intentions so I can get a head count of whatzz up....

Bad weekend or I'd go. I'm headed to the Green River on Friday. My next weeks plans are falling through, are you sure you got your dates right?

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    are you sure you got your dates right?
    For sure I got the dates right.... my hot young stripper wife has promised me extra special birthday sex the next weekend. No way I would forget that.

The trip is this weekend Saturday. April 14.

Bad weekend or I'd go. I'm headed to the Green River on Friday. My next weeks plans are falling through, are you sure you got your dates right?
    We will be at Ray's Friday about 7-8pm. What are you doing down there, itchy?

Re: Roobers Roost

Quote Originally Posted by madsjim
    My brother and I will be in the Roost Friday and Saturday. We plan on doing Bluejohn on Saturday but I wouldn't mind meeting up and setting up camp together. Hopefully that is acceptable in this tight group

My brother and I are not experienced canyoneers, we only have a few canyons under our belts, so maybe we could meet up and get to know the legends.
    A buddy and I will be arriving at Granary Springs late Friday night. If you want, you can join us doing Larry Canyon Saturday morning. I have a blue North Face tent, come over and say hi, in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    We will be at Ray's Friday about 7-8pm. What are you doing down there, itchy?
    The Green River river, not the town. I'm going to be fishing below Flaming Gorge dam.

OK, trip coming together. Heading down with alusul Friday night and coming back Saturday night. Have room for more or willing to hook up in the Roost.

If madsjim wants to flip-flop his days he is welcome to join our merry band of men.

I am still trying to work out some details, either try and hook up with you two, or meet you down there. Too bad you aren't staying for Sunday... Would make the trip a little more enticing for me. Sure you don't want an extra day?

Group

My brother and I are leaving sometime Friday morning, so it is possible I have to talk to him and we could plan something. I will get back to you on that. Saturday we could meet up with you and do something fun.

What canyons do you have planned on Saturday? My brother and I are capable climbers so we wouldn't be too much of a hindrance and it would be good to go with you.

I just talked to him and he says that would be perfect so we could meet up down there. I will PM you
    Conquistare al mundo!!!

We will be there Sat and Sun.

Saturday

I think we will join Iceaxe on Saturday, and stay at the same camp Friday night so I don't know what you want to do Wasatch. I guess everything will get worked out here.
    Conquistare al mundo!!!

Like I said, we will be doing Larry on Sat, NF of RR on Sunday, if anyone wants to join us is more than welcome. We will be stay at the Granary Spring.

My plans are now set on coming home Saturday night. Planning on camping at the White Roost Trailhead Friday night. White Roost will be the first canyon we do and then see what else we have time for. If CarpeyBiggs wants to stay longer you should hook up with Wasatch for Sunday. White Rooost and NFRR are only about 1/4 mile apart.

These canyons are usually dry with some minor wading. I am not bring a wetsuit but I do dry bag my gear.