Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You All Feel About Imus's Situation?

How Do You All Feel About Imus's Situation?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pretty immature on his end - and racist. I think he should have been canned.
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

fortunately it's still legal to be a idiot.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Tough call. What he said sounds terrible, but I don't think he intended it as a racist slur. I think Imus should be allowed to apologize and be forgiven, Mel Gibson he aint. Then again, I could be wrong because I haven't followed this story.

So much of the time the best advice in most situations is simply to shut the f--- up!

Howard Cosell was canned for calling a running back a "little monkey" on MNF - no racial slur intended from him. Imus did the same thing.
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

The only racist thing is that the black community doesn't freak out at Snoop Dogg for the same thing that Don says.
    Let's Roll

Imus has been controversial for a while. I don't think it's anything different, you just have to look at the people who are really pushing for his termination.

Both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who are the big publicity pushers in the Imus case, have both had their racist statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy
    The only racist thing is that the black community doesn't freak out at Snoop Dogg for the same thing that Don says.
    Exactly, why is it OK for them and not for us? It's OK for them to use terms like Cracker
    I'm by no means a fan of Imus, but Rev. Sharpton and Jackson are nothing but hypocrites

I'm pissed that Imus goes around apologizing now. He said it, he meant it, don't apologize. Howard Stern wouldn't kiss ass over this.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Basically agreeing with JP and Sparker. I wonder what would happen if you said the same things Chris Rock says. Jesse and AL have no room to say anything. If we are going to call the politically correct police on someone then call it on everyone with no regard to race. I don't like Imus- never have but he is getting served up like a sacrificial goat. When society as a whole starts calling people like Rev. Al and Jesse what they really are then we will all be better off. Jesse is far worse than Al.

Imus is a joke -- has been for a long time. This is another situation where a drug-addled crank is allowed airtime to spout off nonsense from the safety of a secure radio station. What Imus and a lot of others like him needs is a good old-fashioned ass-whipping.

The ideologies of the radio talk show host and the drive-by sniper are about the same.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

How do I feel about this? If frustrates me as usual, because a person of color can say whatever they want...calling a white person a cracker, honky, or whatnot, and yet if a white person tries to say the same, they are racist. I think that the word "racist" is the most overused cop-out that the black leaders LOVE to jump on whenever they can. Calling someone racist is the best modern day scapegoat to strike fear and malice towards others. It is almost a 100% guarantee to be FRONT page news.

Where was Jesse Jackson and the all-mighty Rev. Al Sharpton when Mayor Ray Nagin said that New Orleans was meant to be a chocolate city, God wanted it to be a chocolate city, and he intended for it to be a chocolate city??? ACLU didn't say anything other than it was a "goofball" comment. Pretty easy on him they were. If I said that San Diego was meant to be a white city, I would be lambasted and have to move to Argentina to save from being hung by my balls to say the least...probably death! Where were the leaders when Dennis Rodman said "Babe Ruth is nothing but a fat white honky?" When Chris Rock and other black comedians say the word "cracker" or "honky" when referring to a white person. The list goes on and on.

It is a double standard plain and simple, and all that Jesse Jackson and "the Rev." wait to do is trounce on any white person who even remotely says anything that sounds offensive to a person of color. Both of them are nothing but a piece of garbage, and even MLK jr. would be embarrassed by their double standards. They are making things more tense and worse by their biased antics.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Imus has been controversial for a while. I don't think it's anything different, you just have to look at the people who are really pushing for his termination.

Both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who are the big publicity pushers in the Imus case, have both had their racist statements.
    Jesse Jackson is sanctimonious and a racist. When he's not complaining about having to hear too much about the Holocaust or wondering whether Jewish reporters can be objective, he's crapping on about "Hymie" (Jews) and "Hymietown" (New York). Sharpton seems more level-headed but I don't know that much about him.

Nobody should be fooled into associating fools like Jackson with Martin Luther King Jr. who clearly supported tolerance for Jewish people and, when pressed on the subject of Zionism, stated that anti-Zionism was anti-Semitic. It often is.

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    ...and even MLK jr. would be embarrassed by their double standards. They are making things more tense and worse by their biased antics.
    True, except you could probably leave out the "even." MLK wasn't into racism against white people or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Imus is a joke -- has been for a long time.
    I am not an Imus fan. I've never listened to him.

But....

If a person truly is a joke, he will reap what he sows, without the efforts of Sharpton and Jackson. If he is a joke, the people who are outraged should be embarrassed that they let a "joke" have so much control over their emotions.

Just ignore the dude. Don't give him more publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    ...and even MLK jr. would be embarrassed by their double standards. They are making things more tense and worse by their biased antics.
    True, except you could probably leave out the "even." MLK wasn't into racism against white people or anyone else.
    IMO...MLK was not a racist and was a brilliant man. I was not trying to compare "the Revs" to MLK. No comparision. They are nothing more than two hypocritical idiots with a microphone who have a love to use the word "racist" as much as humanly possible as long as it gets their whining asses on the news.
    ~Jason

How do I feel about this? If frustrates :frustrated: me as usual, because a person of color can say whatever they want...calling a white person a cracker, honky, or whatnot, and yet if a white person tries to say the same, they are racist. I think that the word "racist" is the most overused cop-out that the black leaders LOVE to jump on whenever they can. Calling someone racist is the best modern day scapegoat to strike fear and malice towards others. It is almost a 100% guarantee to be FRONT page news.

Where was Jesse Jackson and the all-mighty Rev. Al Sharpton when Mayor Ray Nagin said that New Orleans was meant to be a chocolate city, God wanted it to be a chocolate city, and he intended for it to be a chocolate city??? ACLU didn't say anything other than it was a "goofball" comment. Pretty easy on him they were. If I said that San Diego was meant to be a white city, I would be lambasted and have to move to Argentina to save from being hung by my balls to say the least...probably death! Where were the leaders when Dennis Rodman said "Babe Ruth is nothing but a fat white honky?" When Chris Rock and other black comedians say the word "cracker" or "honky" when referring to a white person. The list goes on and on.

It is a double standard plain and simple, and all that Jesse Jackson and "the Rev." wait to do is trounce on any white person who even remotely says anything that sounds offensive to a person of color. Both of them are nothing but a piece of garbage, and even MLK jr. would be embarrassed by their double standards. They are making things more tense and worse by their biased antics.
    None of this (however true it may be) blots out the fact that Imus made a wildly racist statement. I don't think any sensible person could argue he didn't.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    How do I feel about this? If frustrates me as usual, because a person of color can say whatever they want...calling a white person a cracker, honky, or whatnot, and yet if a white person tries to say the same, they are racist. I think that the word "racist" is the most overused cop-out that the black leaders LOVE to jump on whenever they can. Calling someone racist is the best modern day scapegoat to strike fear and malice towards others. It is almost a 100% guarantee to be FRONT page news.

None of this (however true it may be) blots out the fact that Imus made a wildly racist statement. I don't think any sensible person could argue he didn't.
    I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. Some people can call each other names and it is ok, if others do the same, it may be considered racist. Language interpretation is very subjective to each individual. Depends on how sensitive you are I guess. I could say "Mississippi sucks" and some may consider that racist because it has a large percentage of blacks. Many could be offended by a person of color using the word "Redneck" to describe country people. This could go on forever. Only point I was trying to make is that "the revs" are media-hogging idiots, and are biased as far as their actions. Let me see them even out the field and go after people regardless of color that say inapproppriate things...they should have asked for Ray Nagin's resignation about 18 months ago!
    ~Jason

Racism is a terrible issue if people are being discriminated because of their race, if they are missing out on opportunities because one person made a decision to treat them different, or cause them hardship simply because of their race. When someone makes a statement like this, that sounded more to me like a comment on tattoos, not on race, I can't see the harm, so I don't see the foul. Are any of these girls going to be singled out and stopped from going into a professional league or have their basketball priveledges cut short? Were these girls going for a different look with their tats? Were they trying to look like Phi Sappa Gappa, sorority sisters, or were they trying to go for the look of gang banger sisters. He called it, shouldn't have, but did, and I agree, going back and appologizing makes a bigger deal of it than it was. Could he have simpley said, "I was just commenting as to their apperance and not in any way I can think of discriminating against them because of their race, next." ?
    ethical pursuit ethical kache