Thread: A few from Klondike Bluffs trail

A few from Klondike Bluffs trail

My son and I were just out for the day on the trail....hunted down a few caches out here too.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: A few from Klondike Bluffs trail

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    My son and I were just out for the day on the trail....hunted down a few caches out here too.
    Very cool, Wade. That spot in the park was one of my very favourites from my first trip to Moab - I love the views from there.

I'm thinking that I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks, but I can't recall how the road is on the way up (we biked up, almost 3 years ago. The memory fades...) Is it pretty easy 4x4 up to the park boundary? I remember enjoying the walk in to the bluffs, and scrambling around there.

Thanks!

How did that new lift work out for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Very cool, Wade. That spot in the park was one of my very favourites from my first trip to Moab - I love the views from there.

I'm thinking that I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks, but I can't recall how the road is on the way up (we biked up, almost 3 years ago. The memory fades...) Is it pretty easy 4x4 up to the park boundary? I remember enjoying the walk in to the bluffs, and scrambling around there.

Thanks!
    There are a few tight spots for anything wider than a jeep or smaller truck. Really, the toughest part is before you get to the slickrock in the washed out ravine area. If you dont make that you have a long hike ahead of you

The only mod I have on the rig right now is a 4" Tough Country Ez-Flex kit...which helped out ALOT. All you need is a little patience and handling knowhow and this trail is a walk in the park.
    JP- I still have a few mods to do...skidplates, rockguard for the diffs, and an inch higher in the rear for more hauling support since I took the torsion bar off the rear (lots of flex right now!)-I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one.

There are a few tight spots for anything wider than a jeep or smaller truck. Really, the toughest part is before you get to the slickrock in the washed out ravine area. If you dont make that you have a long hike ahead of you

The only mod I have on the rig right now is a 4" Tough Country Ez-Flex kit...which helped out ALOT. All you need is a little patience and handling knowhow and this trail is a walk in the park.
    Excellent - thanks for the info. Sounds about what I remember. I'll be in a stock TJ, so I figure I should manage. One of these days, though, I need to lift this thing...

I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one.
    Go coil

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one.
    Go coil
    I think thats a great idea - although Im not as familiar with how to put em in the rear - I like the idea, I think Id get more flex with coil

Could of done without the pix of you in the buff on those rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

Hey, is that an alcoholic energy drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

Hey, is that an alcoholic energy drink?
    you never seen a RipIt energy drink before?? Go to Albertsons & you can get em for a buck or maybe they still have em for 2/$1