Thread: Weekend

Weekend

You know what I love about this place? When the weather's nice on the weekends (much like right now), this place is dead. Can't wait 'til Monday to hear about all of y'alls weekend.

Me? I'm heading down into the Swell all day tomorrow for some hiking and geocaching (plus a little Easter egg hunt for the kids), but Sunday I'll be doing yard work most of the time. I might work a short hike in, but likely it'll be tilling the garden and fertilizing the lawn.
    Blog | FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    You know what I love about this place? When the weather's nice on the weekends (much like right now), this place is dead. Can't wait 'til Monday to hear about all of y'alls weekend.

My family is doing a pig cookout today (rotisserie style), so I won't be doing anything "outdoorsy" today, but I do love knowing that a lot of people on this site are going to be out taking advantage of the day.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I am quiet here on weekends, good or bad, because I have to work.

The good thing is, I can go play while the rest of y'all are working!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Banner weekend out in the Roost. Look for TRs for High Spur and East Fork Pasture Canyons coming up soon!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm still recovering from my ACL surgery, so I spent my weekend watching the first season of The Wire on DVD and being generally grumpy. I figure y'all don't want pictures of that.

We parked out at Topaz Mountain. We did a 170 mile loop all the way out to amasa basin and beyond. TR coming...GREAT weekend!!

We actually started driving home from Moab Sat. am - we were surrounded by rowdy party camps, had the Co. Sherriffs in camp all night, and decided enough was enough so started heading up the Colorado river road. Stopped at Fisher Tower and hiked all over the place

Then we headed to Fruita...18 rd was a ZOO - so we headed to Vernal and set up camp at Red Fleet St. Pk & left for home Sun around 7am....I didnt even unload the jeep..it's still sitting in the driveway - I get to do that right after posting this stuff!

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I went to Capitol Reef this weekend to see my husband (who I haven't seen in 3 weeks!) He's doing some work for the park.

A few photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Excellent photos, folks. One of the photos from Fisher Towers looks like an Easter Bunny silhouette. Very fitting.

Me? I got to work a couple of midnight shifts... At least they were dead quiet - holiday weekend = very few flights in the middle of the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My family and I had a fun-filled time in the Swell on Saturday. My son climbed right over the top of a rattlesnake and the thing didn't even budge from its coiled-up position.

We let the kids run loose at "Hamburger Rocks," which is one of the best places in the Swell to let kids run loose.

Blog | FB

I've never heard of the Hamburger Rocks. That looks cool.

PS, you must've had a good zoom for that Ratt'ler.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    My family and I had a fun-filled time in the Swell on Saturday. My son climbed right over the top of a rattlesnake and the thing didn't even budge from its coiled-up position.

We let the kids run loose at "Hamburger Rocks," which is one of the best places in the Swell to let kids run loose.

wow rattlesnake...that scary
    the hamburgher rock as way cool.
    I did not do anything outdoorsy last weekend.
    just celebrating 1 year with my nice sweetheart , indian dinner and easter mass on sunday.
    but looking forward for a moab trip the coming weekend, if it does not rain.

Is that the way all rattlers look out here? Much different coloration than the eastern diamondbacks. It seems to blend well with the rock. I'll have to be more observant.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Is that the way all rattlers look out here? Much different coloration than the eastern diamondbacks. It seems to blend well with the rock. I'll have to be more observant.
    I'm not sure, that's the first one I've ever encountered. It was just a baby, probably only about 12" long. I had to get nice and close for that shot. I was very wary after seeing that one.
    Blog | FB

here are two snalkes I have come across
    See you on the Trail

Darn snakes.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Ive jumped snakes on the trail but I never stuck around to snap a pic