Thread: Best of Utah - Do they have it right?

Bogley BigShot

Best of Utah - Do they have it right?

BEST PUBLIC ARTFlying ObjectsSo much public art ends up looking like someone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmm, bike trail? I guess the Shoreline trail, all put together, isn't a bad trail.

I don't think it's the best trail though. It may be the most accessible, decent trail though.

BEST BIKE TRAILBonneville Shoreline ----
    hell no, its just the nearest to the valley.

BEST SNOWBOARDING Brighton Resort ---
    sure, if you like hanging out with punk ass teenagers.

BEST SKIINGAlta If you love to ski, then you must love Alta. ----
    at least they didnt say backcountry.

BEST SORE ARMS & LEGS Momentum Indoor Climbing ---
    is it even open yet? if so for how long?

BEST HOOPS-WATCHING BARGAINRocky Mountain RevueLeave ---
    hell yeah, i always go to the RMR

BEST DEEP TISSUE MASSEUSEJulietta HernandezWhen Hernandez --- wrong, its my wife.

They have these right

Best Trailblazers in PricePrice Area Singletrack Society Between 2002 and 2004, Fuzzy and Dondra Nance and the Price Area Singletrack Society (PASS) built more than 70 miles of trails on Wood Hill in the Price area (FYI, a single track is 24 inches wide or less). Since then, more than 200 mountain bikers have stopped in Price to ride. The International Mountain Biking Association Subaru trail crew will be in Price April 20-22 to design and build up to 20 additional miles of track in the same area. Committed to making Price a mountain-biking destination, PASS has posted maps of the Bookcliffs Trail System posted on Utah Mountain Biking and Trail Finder Websites.groups.msn.com/PriceAreaSingletrackSociety

and

BEST PRICE BIKE GUY
    Fuzzy
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42

BEST SORE ARMS & LEGS Momentum Indoor Climbing ---
    is it even open yet? if so for how long?
    This one belongs in the Jokes forum. May my ass.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Hmm, bike trail? I guess the Shoreline trail, all put together, isn't a bad trail.

I don't think it's the best trail though. It may be the most accessible, decent trail though.
    I agree - I dont even think they have the top 3 trails right, even though the Wasatch Crest trail is awesome. No mention of ANY Park City or Deer Valley trails BUT, everyone can get to the BSL trail so I guess that is what they are baseing this off of...what do I know, I'm an outtastater

Bogley BigShot
    I rarely agree with the "top" hiking trails that are on lists either. It's more like "the top" ones the author or those that are voting have done.

Here's a Play-Study opportunity not mentioned that I think is pretty good (if I do say so myself):

Summer Experience at CEU-San Juan Campus. This is a program that I run each summer where students take classes and participate in activities. This summer's classes are astronomy, music, personal finance, river running, canoeing, and mountaineering. The activities include visiting the Santa Fe Opera, Clark Planetarium, Kennecott, Lagoon, Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, Wapatki Ruins, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Grand Canyon. We will be hiking Rattlesnake Canyon, backpacking into the Weminuche Wilderness and Hammond Canyon, and Canoe and Rafting down the San Juan and Green Rivers.

It should be a blast.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Here's a Play-Study opportunity not mentioned that I think is pretty good (if I do say so myself):

Summer Experience at CEU-San Juan Campus. This is a program that I run each summer where students take classes and participate in activities. This summer's classes are astronomy, music, personal finance, river running, canoeing, and mountaineering. The activities include visiting the Santa Fe Opera, Clark Planetarium, Kennecott, Lagoon, Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, Wapatki Ruins, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Grand Canyon. We will be hiking Rattlesnake Canyon, backpacking into the Weminuche Wilderness and Hammond Canyon, and Canoe and Rafting down the San Juan and Green Rivers.

It should be a blast.
    That does sound like a blast! College kids or HS?

Both HS and College as well as any community members that want to join.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Bogley BigShot
    BEST NEW WILDERNESSCedar MountainUtah enviros pushed for years to have the Beehive State