Thread: Canyoneer Partners 27-29 Apr 07

Canyoneer Partners 27-29 Apr 07

Looking to do some canyons that weekend. Looking for someone to go with, anyone need a partner? Have ropes, beta, all gear.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Any idea where you want to go? I think I can get away that weekend. I have my own gear, but no rope, no wetsuit. I admit to being new to the sport, but I have taken the ACA technical course (just last month).

Hi Don,

Not 100% sure yet, maybe North Wash area, Zion. Most likely we will not need wetsuits. Do you have a GPS? Hit me sideband (e-mail).

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    Hi Don,

Not 100% sure yet, maybe North Wash area, Zion. Most likely we will not need wetsuits. Do you have a GPS? Hit me sideband (e-mail).
    Hi wasatch,
    i will be interest
    who are you? and what canyons you do and whith whom?

I can squezze in small stuff, i do not like free exposure i am safe and I am bad with directions.
    Beside nobody ever complain before, got good references.

hesse15,

PM sent.

Looks like the North Wash area. Some canyons I would like to hit: Shillelagh (Right Fork), Blarney (Left Fork), Monoxide (West and/or East Forks), and Maidenwater Canyon (Middle Fork).

Monoxide West Fork is worth doing once when you have some time to kill. It's not worth making a special trip for. All I can say about the East Fork of Monoxide is "I did it so you don't have to".

That's what I figured, since I'm already down there let's check them out if we have some extra time, most likely before we go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Monoxide West Fork is worth doing once when you have some time to kill. It's not worth making a special trip for. All I can say about the East Fork of Monoxide is "I did it so you don't have to".

You got that right? I remember the west fork being a fault crack, and east being somewhat interesting and pretty. East, at least last time I was there, had a fairly "light" anchor for the rap....

There is a down climb right before that anchor that could be difficult for some to reverse. So you might want to have one person check the anchor, then have others do the down climb.

Granted, it's been awhile....

UPDATE: Nevermind. Just looked at your map, and you did them differently than I did. The west fork of the west fork of monoxide is the one I was referring to... My bad.... Never doubt Ice, right?

Light anchor was in west monoxide. East monoxide and west-west-monoxide had straight forward anchors as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by deserthiker
    Light anchor was in west monoxide.
    Yup, the anchor in West Monoxide is a waco with some rocks jammed in it. Or at least it was when I was last there several years ago.

Dang, if you did the west-west fork you are a glutton for punishment.

Looks like I've got the weekend free, and I am hoping to hit up some slots. Anyone heading out this weekend? I know Wasatch isn't heading down after all, but I figured I'd see if anyone was still interested. I'm open to suggestions on locations, though I was thinking I'd hit up some North Wash if nothing else comes up.

I'll be arriving in the area (either swell, roost or n. wash) the night of the 29th and could use a partner on the 30th if anyone will still be out there.