Thread: FRUITA

FRUITA

Hey I am heading out to Fruita this weekend..any one been there, and could you recomend any trails, where to get maps, a beer..ect!
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Check out Over the Edge Bikes in Fruita. They'll tell you everything you need to know.

As far as trails, you can't go wrong with anything around 18 Road
    gears and suspension are for old men and girls.

Is the bike shop easy to find..and thanks for the tip...
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Is the bike shop easy to find
    Yes. Go into town and it's right on the south side of the main square.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Fruita ROCKS. It's all good. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

The "18 Road" area is north of town toward the Bookcliffs and is home to fast, swoopy, skinny, and mostly buff singletrack. You may have heard of some them like Joe's Ridge, chutes n' ladders, Zippety doo dah, etc..

On the west end of town at the Loma exit is the Kokapelli trailhead area where there are more technically demanding trails like Moore Fun (INSANE), Horsethief Bench, Mack Ridge, Troy built, etc... if you have a big squishy bike you'll enjoy these trails more. A singlespeed or hardtail would be more fun on the 18 Rd trails.

You won't run out of trails to ride in Fruita in a weekend, but Grand Junction is only a few miles away too, with more technical stuff as well.

Re: your question about the bike shop.. get off at the Fruita exit and go north. turn right and immediately after the round-about there are two shops. I can't remember the name of the first, but Over the Edge is just a block east of the round-about. Fruita Brewery is right across the road from OTE.

Have fun in fruita! My top two fav's are Moore Fun because it is unlike any other trail I've ridden in terms of technical difficulty, and Horsethief Bench because it is FUN FUN FUN!