Thread: Spooky and Peekaboo

Spooky and Peekaboo

Can someone tell me how to get to these canyons? I cant find it on line. . I think we're going to hit Calf Creek falls, too. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tree.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That was easy, thanks!! :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

If you have time, do both Upper and Lower Calf Creek Falls. Most people aren't even aware of Upper, but it's worth doing. Trailhead is between MM80 and 81 on Route 12. Hike is steep down the slickrock for 1/4 mile, then easy for another mile.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Re: Spooky and Peekaboo

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Can someone tell me how to get to these canyons?
    hey tree,

aweome canyons. i'd call this canyoneering rather than hiking (though it's not technical) so i am going to move the topic over there.

two things i'd like to add.

on tom's map there is brimstone just down canyon. it's not far away and definitely worth the trip. dark and tight. you can continue until you can't go any further. it gets really really dark after a point.

another approach, which tom doesn't have indicated, would be to walk from cat well along dry fork of coyote. the canyon starts very shallow, but develops into a decent section of narrows(not technical), they're certainly nice but i suppose not as nice as the slot triad. doing peekaboo, spooky and brimstone from the normal route (south) is a short day, so starting from cat well can make it a longer day hike if that's what you're interested in. you can of course come the normal route and explore the narrows from the bottom. they end very close to the mouth of peekaboo. but i would recommend doing the narrows first before any of the slots. the route from the north is also nice. lots of options!

you can camp at the top of them and do them both as a nice loop. head out the early weed bench road to the end and drop in from there.