Thread: "Make sure you wear your helmet"

"Make sure you wear your helmet"

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Helmets-Wear-one-2007.html

It was an excellent Sunday; sun was shining, bright white, fluffy clouds in the sky, surrounded by baby blue skies. I was at the local mountain cleanup, doing my cleaning thing. Really, whenever it comes to these mountain maintenance days, I always end up building a new line instead of maintaining a different one. I figure that if you just fix the line that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ouch! This will help remind me to always wear my helmet
    The man thong is wrong.

Dude! that really sucks!...but like I always say...you NEVER know when it's gonna happen to you. Dont get me wrong, I have made the same mistake although not receiving as knarly a reward as you did, but it was enough of a reminder that 'Ill never do THAT again'

I have changed this post a couple of times.

Seriously, Bill. Did this really happen to you? I feel really bad. I was just thinking today about how our hike probably wasn't going to happen but if you are going through this, I totally understand! Let me know if I can do anything. If you need a meal or whatever.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Ah man, that is awful! yikes. Best wishes to you, I hope you heal fast!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I just went to PinkBike and I realize this isn't you. You looked different to me but I thought that was just because of the accident. I have been feeling really bad for you all day.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Thanks for sharing the cautionary tale, I needed the reminder. I rode w/o wearing my helmet (it was in my hand) today because I was going to the stylist and didnt' want to arrive with sweaty hair. Imagine how confused the paramedics would have been if I had been as unfortunate as you were: "Why was this banged-up fool holding a helmet in his hand rather than wearing it?!"

Sorry you got beat up so bad, but it's cool you ride aggressively. I'm thinking you're riding at a level where you might want to also try wearing full body armor in addition to a helmet.

When you feel up to riding again, see if you can get someone to tape you going for broke!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I have changed this post a couple of times.

Seriously, Bill. Did this really happen to you? I feel really bad. I was just thinking today about how our hike probably wasn't going to happen but if you are going through this, I totally understand! Let me know if I can do anything. If you need a meal or whatever.
    Its not me I just posted the link.. sorry guys