Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhhh, Spring in da Rockies

Ahhhhh, Spring in da Rockies

Outlawed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet photos, I gotta get out and wet my line.

Very nice. What are you shooting with?

Nice pictures! Those look like they are ready to go in a magazine.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

That water just looks cold

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Very nice. What are you shooting with?
    Thank you...
    Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7
    And editing with Jasc Paintshop Pro 8
    Outlawed

Bogley BigShot
    WOW!!!!!! I am impressed!!!!

BEAUTiful shots!

Thank you!!!
    Outlawed

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by QuillGordon
    Thank you!!!

I know it's 99% skill and 1% equipment... but how did you do it? Those are really special shots!

Well, first you must buy a camera you don't mind dippin into the drink... Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7 $259... (The thought of this keeps me from purchasing an expensive SLR) Next you have to fish on a sunny day for the best exposure or else yer pics will have some glare to them, like this

Shoot with the sun to your back with a suitable scenery in background (rock patterns, etc)... Shoot @ 1/4-1/2 stop below the meter to saturate colors and enhance contrast, shoot also with the highest allowable aperture to shutter speed (usually nothin under F-5 for depth @ 1/250sec) fish don't cooperate so you'll need speed... Also ISO 80 or lower to reduce noise... I take alot of pics when shootin fish because of thier uncooperative nature... After that editing software to fine tune...

Outlawed

Those are amazing Quill. Your work definitely belongs on the homepage or in the imagebar. And thanks for the tips.

Sweet pictures, where did you snap those?

Bogley BigShot
    Well, first you must buy a camera you don't mind dippin into the drink... Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7 $259... (The thought of this keeps me from purchasing an expensive SLR) Next you have to fish on a sunny day for the best exposure or else yer pics will have some glare to them, like this

Shoot with the sun to your back with a suitable scenery in background (rock patterns, etc)... Shoot @ 1/4-1/2 stop below the meter to saturate colors and enhance contrast, shoot also with the highest allowable aperture to shutter speed (usually nothin under F-5 for depth @ 1/250sec) fish don't cooperate so you'll need speed... Also ISO 80 or lower to reduce noise... I take alot of pics when shootin fish because of thier uncooperative nature... After that editing software to fine tune...

I looked up the camera and am not impressed by it.... it's all in the photographer in this case (as in most)!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06...nasonicfz7.asp

All that sounds like greek to me.

I have this camera, so I assume I have all the equipment I need to do it. I need a coach and some time and a lot of luck! Do you have more shots like these?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc8080wz/

Luckily yer camera speaks Latin... The best thing about the Panasonic is it's lens "Lumix"... Yes yer camera will do a fine job... Do you fish often???

Spawning Brook
    Outlawed

I've got the FZ5 and I can get some great shots just on the stupid kid setting. I love the lens that comes on these cams.

I'll have to try some of your settings and see if I can start to get some similar results. Oh course, I'll end up finding my own styles in the process.

My biggest problem is stopping to get the cam out all the time to take pics. I'm always so busy just fishing. This is one reason I don't post reports often because I'm terrible at taking pics.

It's extremely difficult to put down the rod to take pics but worth it in the end... BTW, nice rod...
    Outlawed

Bogley BigShot
    Luckily yer camera speaks Latin... The best thing about the Panasonic is it's lens "Lumix"... Yes yer camera will do a fine job... Do you fish often???

Spawning Brook

Not much, but I would not mind fishing more. On this Grand Canyon trip, Jack broke out a fishing pole. It would have been fun to join him and just relax and fish and enjoy the scenery. Now that I have some info to take such fun fish photos I might try it more! I was thinking of getting some sort of little boat for that kind of thing too.

Well if you like fishing you would love Flyfishing... The pics just add to the experience... Since the preferred method is C&R It's another way to bring'em home...

Blueyed Brown...
    Outlawed

Bogley BigShot
    Well if you like fishing you would love Flyfishing... The pics just add to the experience... Since the preferred method is C&R It's another way to bring'em home...

Blueyed Brown...
    Where do you like to go flyfishing?

Uutah...

Outlawed