Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Saving globe sure beats running Salt Lake City"

"Saving globe sure beats running Salt Lake City"

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660206516,00.html

[b]In a stunning development, Rocky Anderson, the part-time mayor of Salt Lake City, could announce today that he will hire someone else to conduct city business full-time.
    "I just don't have time for it anymore," Rocky might say. "The war protests and global warming conferences and debates with conservative talk-show hosts and hanging out with my environmental buddies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Way to do the job you were elected to do. Step down and let the process go forward

What a dipshit! He just confirmed what everyone already knew all along.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

That is crazy!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

For those of us who were saying, "stay home and worry about SLC", let's just retract those statements. Let's get a mayor who actually cares about SLC this time.

Why don't you just leave it up to the people who LIVE in Salt Lake City to decide who they want to have as a mayor, maybe they don't mind him. Either way I am not sure how he is hurting you in the least.

Death are you evening reading these posts before you comment? The people of SLC voted that they wanted Rocky Anderson. Now Rocky appoints someone to do his job for him, and the people of SLC do not get the person for whom they voted. Your argument just goes along with what we are saying only is coupled with your usual bias.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Death are you evening reading these posts before you comment? The people of SLC voted that they wanted Rocky Anderson. Now Rocky appoints someone to do his job for him, and the people of SLC do not get the person for whom they voted. Your argument just goes along with what we are saying only is coupled with your usual bias.
    Hey DiscGo, did you read the article? Did anyone?

"The press release you can only dream about"
    "'We are thinking of making the mayor's job a part-time position,' a council member will say, finally. 'Or maybe just eliminate it altogether. Mayor, Schmayor, who needs one. Rocky has shown us that the mayor's job is not really necessary. We could put this city on autopilot.'"

Ahh, satire.
    Blog | FB

Did some of you guys think that was a real press release????

I sure hope not.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Well hell, I didn't read any of it. I'm not even sure this thread really exists.

I read the article. I understand that Rocky Anderson did not actually select a replacement to step aside. I think that Anderson is an idiot, I feel like he mostly maintains his mayoral seat by sticking it to Mormons. I'm skeptical of anyone who is too excited about Rocky Anderson, because that mostly likely means they too have problems with Mormons.

I've got a problem with Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Well hell, I didn't read any of it. I'm not even sure this thread really exists.
    Too funny!

....or is it? Now I am questioning whether or not I am real, or if I'm just unconcious, laying naked in a tub of goo with a bunch of electrical cables streaming out of my body, and this whole scenario is just being created by some unseen and all-powerful matrix.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Too funny!

....or is it? Now I am questioning whether or not I am real, or if I'm just unconcious, laying naked in a tub of goo with a bunch of electrical cables streaming out of my body, and this whole scenario is just being created by some unseen and all-powerful matrix.
    I don't know that this group is prepared for profound philosophies.

I read the article. I understand that Rocky Anderson did not actually select a replacement to step aside. I think that Anderson is an idiot, I feel like he mostly maintains his mayoral seat by sticking it to Mormons. I'm skeptical of anyone who is too excited about Rocky Anderson, because that mostly likely means they too have problems with Mormons.

Clinging to the skirts of firebrands is usually hazardous to one's credibility, whether it be Rocky, Hannity, Newt, etc.

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Clinging to the skirts of firebrands.....

I understand the meaning of what you are saying here, but I don't really understand the term "firebrand". I hate to admit to not knowing things... but do you (or anyone else) have a clear definition of this?

I would think it would be something like "explosive/ignitive personalities" but I just wanted to try and get a clarification.

firebrand, skirts,

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Clinging to the skirts of firebrands.....

I understand the meaning of what you are saying here, but I don't really understand the term "firebrand". I hate to admit to not knowing things... but do you (or anyone else) have a clear definition of this?

I would think it would be something like "explosive/ignitive personalities" but I just wanted to try and get a clarification.
    Sorry, as a writer, I love words. I'll let the dictionary 'splain it:

firebrand noun 1 a person who is passionate about a particular cause, typically inciting change and taking radical action : a political firebrand.

-- Wm Blake

Thanks Rev. I trusted you that it was a word, I just wanted to learn it so I could turn around and use it again and look intelligent.

I don't hate Mormons guess what....I am one!!!
    I really really doubt that Rocky does either.