Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Ship in a Cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Ahhh, you're a polluter of our waterways. Take up swimming, no motorized use on the water :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I smell yacht envy....
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    I smell yacht envy....
    Hell no, I'm all for saving the waterway environment All those little amoebas your killing with that gas/oil mix spilling into our waterways. How are the fish supposed to find their way out of their Hibernaculums with that oil getting into their eyes Take up swimming like you do hiking and save a fish

JP-I hope you're kidding. I can't imagine someone who is such a 4x4 vehicle nut criticizing a boat owner for doing the same thing with a different hobby.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    JP-I hope you're kidding. I can't imagine someone who is such a 4x4 vehicle nut criticizing a boat owner for doing the same thing with a different hobby.
    What , all that gas and oil mix spewing into our waterways is not eco-friendly. Think of all the organisms that are affected by that mix, human waste and garbage tossed overboard. Why not swim like these landlubbers like to hike, what's the difference? They preach that the motorized community is taking a huge toll on the environment we travel over, but not to care about their motorized use of the water? Use a canoe or kayak, I guess they

[quote=JP]

But, you know me, I feel that people should be able to use the great outdoors in anyway they see fit when it comes to recreation. It

[quote=JP]But, you know me, I feel that people should be able to use the great outdoors in anyway they see fit when it comes to recreation. :2thumbs: It

-- Wm Blake

(and will consider over martinis on deck later this week)
    What I rail against is the off-trail activity so prevelant around San Juan County (and other places)
    I'll have the laptop, so I'll let everybody know what the plans are hopefully for the evening hours.

And I have a problem with the off-trail stuff as well

The weather starting getting rough. The tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew... :)

That's proof of Global Warming right there. The warmer waters are disturbing the fish, and they are pushing the poorly designed hull.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    You two need to get a room at that cruise ship
    Ah man, JP is always being left out of these love fests and I can see it's starting to annoy him.

Alright, JP, I admire that you seem to be a tough customer and a can-do kinda' guy. The rigs you drive are awesome and it makes me jealous and ashamed because my off-roader is a junky '89 Blazer that I don't dare to start w/o running the oil through it first because I haven't driven it for 18 months.

The fact you come clear out here to play is cool too. Even if I had the green to be taking frequent vacations, I wouldn't do it anyway 'cause I'm too damn lazy. Vacations tend to be hard work, can't have that. Pathetic, huh? So, you're awesome awesome awesome, JP! Yay!

Lately I have felt very connected with Utah. When people bad mouth Utah, I take it personally. Actually I don't care if you don't like Utah and you don't live here. But it drives me nuts to have people here who don't like it. I especially don't like college students who come here and bad mouth the state until they leave. I wish they would just go to school in their own states.

When people compliment Utah, I feel connected to them and just automatically like them more. Do any of you guys have this going on at all?

I'm the original Utah Outdoor Pimp...does that count?

Lately I have felt very connected with Utah. When people bad mouth Utah, I take it personally. Actually I don't care if you don't like Utah and you don't live here. But it drives me nuts to have people here who don't like it. I especially don't like college students who come here and bad mouth the state until they leave. I wish they would just go to school in their own states.

When people compliment Utah, I feel connected to them and just automatically like them more. Do any of you guys have this going on at all?

I love Utah with all my heart, like I love Virginia. That's why I see red when developers etc. try and ruin these sweet places. VA is almost a lost cause, turned into just another strip mall.

The thing most people do when I tell them of my plans to move to Utah is say, "Aren't you afraid of the Mormons?" All I can do is remind them the Commonwealth spawned Falwell and Robertson...

-- Wm Blake

I really do like Virgina. I think it is a beautiful state! I also like Massachusetts, Connecticut, Main, & Pennsylvania. I hear what you are saying about your state being overly commercialized. It sadly seems to be the way of our country.

On a plus side, I can't wait for when you come to Utah, and become Mormon. Once we get you straightened out, you are going to be a great asset to the LDS church Rev! :D

On a plus side, I can't wait for when you come to Utah, and become Mormon. Once we get you straightened out, you are going to be a great asset to the LDS church Rev! :D

So how many wives do I get...?

By the way, my saintly momma is moving to Maine this month. That state is very cool. She'll be in a neat little downeast harbour town. Lots to do on the water.

-- Wm Blake

So how many wives do I get...?

By the way, my saintly momma is moving to Maine this month. That state is very cool. She'll be in a neat little downeast harbour town. Lots to do on the water.
    My friend thinks that Maine is the prettiest of all of the lower 48 states. He'll be jealous of your Mom.

My friend thinks that Maine is the prettiest of all of the lower 48 states. He'll be jealous of your Mom.
    My wife and I are thinking in a few years she'll retire and I'll be able to keep doing my job anywhere -- so we'll set up camp in SE Utah and then take our boat up to Maine, where we'll dock in my Momma's town. Spend a few months in Utarrgh and and few in Maine.

That couldn't suck but so bad.

-- Wm Blake

My wife and I are thinking in a few years she'll retire and I'll be able to keep doing my job anywhere -- so we'll set up camp in SE Utah and then take our boat up to Maine, where we'll dock in my Momma's town. Spend a few months in Utarrgh and and few in Maine.

That couldn't suck but so bad.

That would be SWEET! I've have thought about trying to set the same thing up between Alaska and Utah, but I have not been able to do anything yet.

a three hour tour!!

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    Ah man, JP is always being left out of these love fests and I can see it's starting to annoy him.

Alright, JP, I admire that you seem to be a tough customer and a can-do kinda' guy. The rigs you drive are awesome and it makes me jealous and ashamed because my off-roader is a junky '89 Blazer that I don't dare to start w/o running the oil through it first because I haven't driven it for 18 months.

The fact you come clear out here to play is cool too. Even if I had the green to be taking frequent vacations, I wouldn't do it anyway 'cause I'm too damn lazy. Vacations tend to be hard work, can't have that. Pathetic, huh? So, you're awesome awesome awesome, JP! Yay!
    How did I miss this response
    Everybody needs a little playtime now and then, kids get recess