Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Uutah Happy Hour???

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Dirk, you's gots the goods. You need to come to the lunches more often.
    I had a blast, it was really great meeting you all, I'm in every month for sure, like I said we need a real life event coordinator.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    TH'sS - Who says I didn't get her number?
    Su el hombre, mi amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Su el hombre, mi amigo!
    I'm just kidding. Yeah, I went numberless (this is par for the course) but to my knowledge most of the Goddesses we're taken.

Lets recap, Heather liked my glasses and wished I came in a fur, SomBeech told me I looked cute then blew in my ear. Good times.

Su el hombre, mi amigo!
    I'm just kidding. Yeah, I went numberless (this is par for the course) but to my knowledge most of the Goddesses we're taken.

Lets recap, Heather liked my glasses and wished I came in a fur, SomBeech told me I looked cute then blew in my ear. Good times.
    Biggest Hammer confession?

I recently moved to Sandy

I think you look great in those glasses too. . . but you didn't come outta there with one measly phone number?

Better get planning some more "unplugged" meetings.
    Hmm... wouldn't surprise me, they WERE hitting it off pretty well

I don't mind being event coordinator. apparently that's my appointed title after last night's beerlection.

Who wants to go camping?

It was great to meet some new people last night.. Hank and Alicia, Wasatch, Cirrus, The hammer, Kris and his wife...

Until next time,

Looks like fun! So who is who? How about you go around the group clockwise and put names to faces?

Maybe one day I'll be in SLC for one of these...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Dirk you're a stud, and I liked the glasses, too!

Ian - beerelections are best! Start planning now!!

OK, around the table:
    Heather, Joe Gardner, Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife, Cirrus2000, Dirk, Mtnbkr, Alicia, Sombeech, me (Tree), Gloria (who I work with), Hank Moon and Wasatch.

Great group!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I really enjoyed meeting you all! It was a fun time - glad I drove all those hours! Didn't get to interact with the folks at the other end of the table much, unfortunately. Next time get everyone to shuffle once or twice during the evening...

Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife
    who is expecting in September...

True confession: My Wii Mii (persona on the Nintendo Wii) is called Dirk - after the Hammer. I just admire him so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    I really enjoyed meeting you all! It was a fun time - glad I drove all those hours! Didn't get to interact with the folks at the other end of the table much, unfortunately. Next time get everyone to shuffle once or twice during the evening...

Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife
    who is expecting in September...

True confession: My Wii Mii (persona on the Nintendo Wii) is called Dirk - after the Hammer. I just admire him so much...
    LOL! Funny stuff. Cirrus rules, he's caught the desert bug and I'm sure we'll see him often.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Dirk you're a stud, and I liked the glasses, too!

OK, around the table:
    Heather, Joe Gardner, Kris247 (whom you cant see much), his wife, Cirrus2000, Dirk, Mtnbkr, Alicia, Sombeech, me (Tree), Gloria (who I work with), Hank Moon and Wasatch.

Great group!!
    TH, please, I fall in love very, very easily. Stop being nice to me.

That was a lot of fun last night - I'm glad I went, and not just for the hefeweizen (which was excellent).

I just realized that I left enough money to cover my tab, but probably not enough to cover my share of the appetizers. So, next time appetizers are on me (within reason).

If y'all want to crowd around my 16" Weber grill you're welcome to come to my house some weekend. Bring your own meat.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    If y'all want to crowd around my 16" Weber grill you're welcome to come to my house some weekend. Bring your own meat.
    I'll bring the beer, just remember I'm a beer geek, so I have some brew's that you've never seen or heard about, and you cannot get in utah. So let me know when you want to do this. Most likely not this weekend, but next weekend would be ok.

My next few weekends are spoken for, but I'll post something in this forum when I can host.

What a fine, fine looking group! Makes me heartsick I can't make these outings.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    I'll bring the beer, just remember I'm a beer geek, so I have some brew's that you've never seen or heard about, and you cannot get in utah. So let me know when you want to do this. Most likely not this weekend, but next weekend would be ok.
    Oh, for some reason I don't think it'll be a problem to help you kill some of those rebel beers you have there 'satch! I love unique micros

nice ... looks like y'all had a nice time

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I was so hoping you would wear the fur coat tonight...
    ...does he have bling bling on his teeth???
    I sure didn't see any. :)

Nice glasses, though.
    I have 5 pairs, this will happen when you cafeteria plan lasik and you come out of the pre-exam with "you might go blind due to gynormous pupil enlargement". True story, I have gigantic pupils. So I bought $1200 worth of glasses and still have around $1000 left in my cafeteria plan.

I can only imagine how good I'd look, cleaned up, in a fur, with an assortment of fashionable eyewear. I might even wear a fake grill.
    What the hell is a cafeteria plan? I'm unfamiliar with that term. 5 pairs of glasses? Do you wear a different pair each day of the work week? I wish I could do that...I've had a lot of people tell me that I look good in glasses. Sometimes I'll try some friend's on after having a few drinks. Heh. I liked Hank's glasses too.

What the hell is a cafeteria plan? I'm unfamiliar with that term. 5 pairs of glasses? Do you wear a different pair each day of the work week? I wish I could do that...I've had a lot of people tell me that I look good in glasses. Sometimes I'll try some friend's on after having a few drinks. Heh. I liked Hank's glasses too.
    Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare. Its cool cause you can put a bunch in but you have to estimate your total yearly costs because if you don't use it you lose it.

With my eye-wear I accessorize depending on outfit. Today I'm pretending to be Johnny Cash, all black with think rimmed black glasses. I might take up chain smoking just to complete the ensemble.

What the hell is a cafeteria plan?
    Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare.
    They'll sell the idea to you because the money gets deposited tax free, but that only means you are taxed on it when you withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    What the hell is a cafeteria plan?
    Its a pre-tax spending account for certain healthcare costs which can include daycare.
    They'll sell the idea to you because the money gets deposited tax free, but that only means you are taxed on it when you withdraw.
    I'm pretty sure its not taxed on w/d. I'll ask my local bean counter.